𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

꒰ 𝗈𝗅𝖽, 𝖻𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗈𝗐𝖾𝖽 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗎𝖾 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

꒰   𝗈𝗅𝖽, 𝖻𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗈𝗐𝖾𝖽 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗎𝖾   ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

The boat ride back home was an inexplicable high. The setting sun soaked into the skin of the teens and glimmered across the ocean like little diamonds while the wind whipped through their hair. The clouds floated above them with an ineffable sort of freedom about it, as if the heavens were casting shadows beneath its golden rays of light.

They'd traveled the open ocean back to the Outer Banks after refueling the Cameron's holiday boat, My Druthers Too, which was what John B and Sarah had initially docked in Charleston to do.

They spent the next hours with non-stop chatter and talk, only pausing to inhale when they forgot to breathe. Bianca learned of how the Phantom had capsized in the storm, but John B and Sarah had been saved by a cargo ship in the distance. There they met Terrance, Cleo, and Stubbs, three Nassau locals who offered to help them, only to stab them in the back when they informed the local police of their fugitive status.

The couple was on the run for days, taking shelter on the roof of a luxury resort where they managed to steal a cleaner's phone to text the Pogues. Everything was good until John B snuck off in the middle of the night to find the gold hidden in Ward's holiday house.

This was followed by an irritated look from Sarah who had asked him to promise her not to go after the gold, but he went against her wishes anyway. When John B returned the next morning, he came face to face with Cleo who had kidnapped Sarah along with her comrades, Terrance and Stubbs. They threatened to turn them in, but the couple revealed the single bar they'd held onto since Crain's house to which they made a deal. A share of the gold in return for their help.

With an offer like that, too good to pass up, of course, the three agreed, and soon enough they were already planning another heist to steal back the gold from Ward and Michael. That was until the Bahamian cops showed up to check out the suspicious activity that security cameras had picked up. From there, they were on the run again, using the My Druther's Too to escape.

With a little bit of help from Wheezie finding out when Ward and Michael were going to move the gold, the group was already coming up with yet another scheme. Ward, Michael, and Rafe showed up the next day with security to move bars of the lost treasure.

Sarah, John B, and the criminals they'd befriended hijacked their truck and held them at gunpoint while the couple stole their vehicle with the gold in the back. What sent Bianca reeling however wasn't that her father was there or that Ward now knew they were alive, but that Rafe had shot Sarah.

He claimed it was aimed at John B, but it didn't matter, the bullet still hit and John B rushed the girl to a doctor that Terrance recommended. The Routledge boy admitted that the rest was pretty blurry, not wanting to relive those painful memories in which he truly believed were Sarah's last breaths and so the Pogues didn't blame him for skimming over it. Bianca couldn't help but hold Sarah's hand a little tighter after that. The thought of almost losing the girl for a second time sent her spiraling in the same pit of rage she felt when she thought Sarah was dead.