𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

꒰ 𝖺 𝗍𝗋𝗂𝗉 𝖽𝗈𝗐𝗇 𝗆𝖾𝗆𝗈𝗋𝗒 𝗅𝖺𝗇𝖾 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

꒰  𝖺 𝗍𝗋𝗂𝗉 𝖽𝗈𝗐𝗇 𝗆𝖾𝗆𝗈𝗋𝗒 𝗅𝖺𝗇𝖾  ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

Memories liked to linger, especially the painful ones. They hung heavy in the air like a thickened fog, blurring the lines between what was real and what was not. There was a sort of comfort in getting lost in your thoughts, where no one or nothing could physically hurt you. Except it could. The past could.

Bianca's fingers skimmed the surface of the wooden tabletop, reminiscent of a not-so-bright time in her life. Though, there was a familiar nostalgia in revisiting this place, despite the many bad things that had come out of it. It felt so long ago that the girl was here for the first time and yet, her heart still pounded anxiously the same way it did in the summer.

The walls themselves were seemingly meaningless, but the events that occurred here were anything but. This place caused the inevitable spiraling of Rafe Cameron, the abusive and horrific actions of Luke Maybank, and JJ's reckless mistake.

Barry's crackhouse was the last place Bianca wanted to be, a cold chill of dread shooting up her spine, recalling the last time she was here. The wooden stairs squeaked underneath her white sneakers, the lingering shadow of poor choices and bad decisions following her as she walked down the porch steps.

The two officers raised their heads at the girl's return, "Well?" Bratcher echoed.

"He's not here," Bianca told them, but she knew that already before she even stepped foot in Barry's shed of a home. It was an obvious hot spot for criminals and derelicts alike so it would've been stupid for Rafe to hide out here when on the run.

Bianca only felt a little guilty for forcing Shoupe and Bratcher on this wild goose chase but the small, plastic baggies of cocaine tucked safely away in her bikini top was a baleful reminder that the outcome of her evil plan would ultimately be worth it. And for that, she needed to have access to Barry's stash, which she remembered from the first time Rafe had brought her here, was hidden in a duffle bag on the top shelf of his cupboard.

"What?" Shoupe demanded, pushing himself off the SBI truck they were leaning again with a stern expression.

"It's empty," Bianca shrugged casually, making her way towards the men. "They're gone."

"Then what the hell are we supposed to do?" The sheriff shot back, irritation bubbling within him. "You said they'd be here, Bianca. I don't think you understand the severity of the situation," He lectured with frustration laced in his tone and the girl rolled her eyes. "We're on a time limit, alright? Rafe is a flight risk- he could be on a boat, halfway to Mexico by now!"

"How is that my fault?" Bianca scowled at the short, stubby old man. She didn't appreciate being spoken down to, especially considering most of the evidence the cops had for their case was because of her and her friends, "Maybe if you were better at your job-"