( sixteen. )

June stood in Heywards, reaching to grab a bag from the table. JJ slapped her hand away.

"No you're not lifting that." He said, grabbing the bag in her place.

"It's lettuce JJ. And I'm fine." June reached to grab the bag, practically ripping it out of his hand.

"That  hole in your head begs to differ."

"Don't let it get in your head bro there was 4 of them 2 of us. That's some typical Kook shit right there." JJ continued on with the conversation they were having before.

"Hell yeah." Kie added in.

"And I know they like to play dirty." June said, a shot of pain going through her head.

"What was your thought process using your head?" JJ asked pointing to his head.

"I don't know man I just kinda acted off instinct. I was a cornered animal." Pope explained.

"Hey Pope, there's someone here to see you." Popes dad said, walking into the room. They all looked towards the door as Shoupe walked in. Kie and June shared a worried look.

"Evening officer." Pope answered, his mouth gaping as everyone else backed up.

"I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property."

"What?" Heywward said, shaking his head.

"Keep your hands where I can see them. Young lady, out of the way."  Shoupe said, trying to get past Kie. June  watched as JJ stared at Pope, lightly shaking his head.

"Hey Shoupe, whatd he do man?" Heyward called  walking forward to try and help Pope.

"Look at the warrant."

"You're arresting him?" June said, walking towards them. "What the fuck?"

"You're just arresting my boy?" Heyward asked,clearly pissed off now. June ran a hand through her hair and followed three as they walked out. "Shoupe are you listening?"

Shoupe started reading him his rights as everyone started to freak out.

"You can't just do this." June said, walking right up beside Shoupe.

"How much did they pay you man?" JJ asked, clearly distressed. Shoupe started leading Pope out, June  and Kie yelling after him, JJ trying to get at him. Popes face was shocked , frightened, and worried.  JJ stopped in his place, looking down and then at June before he yelled.

"It wasn't him!" JJ pointed at himself.

"It was me. He tried to talk me out of it. But I was mad because he'd just been beaten up. I was so sick of those assholes from Figure Eight that I lost my shit. I can't let you take the blame for somethin' I did. You've got too much to lose." JJ finished, his face indescribable. June knew for a fact that he didn't do whatever it was, but that JJ was covering for Pope.

"JJ what are you doing?"  Pope asked.

"I'm tellin'  the truth. For once in my goddamn life I'm gonna tell the truth. I took his old mans boat too." JJ added. June stepped forward, putting a hand on JJs shoulder . He glanced  at her with a forced smile.  "It's okay. Gotta accept the consequences of my actions."