( thirty-seven. )

"Zach..."

"June you're like...wanted. I could turn you in and get $25,000. Why are you here?" Zach asked, shaking his head at her. June shook her head frantically, pulling him away from the window.

"Zach please don't. I-I didn't know where else to go." June felt tears build behind her eyes, her heart racing as she hoped that Zach wouldn't turn her in. But he also had every reason to.

"June they're saying that you shot the sheriff. You and John B and then you ran away." Zach said, looking at her with wide eyes. She reached up and grabbed his face, looking him in the eye.

"No Zach no. That-That's not what happened. Zach please don't turn me in. Please don-"

"Zach! Who are you talking to?!" June's eyes widened as she heard Zachs moms footsteps coming down the hallway. He pushed her towards the closet, closing the door once she got inside.

"Zach? Is someone else in here?" Mrs. Roberts asked, stepping into the room. She looked around before looking at her son.

"No mom. Sorry I was watching a video and the volume went up." Zach scratched the back of his neck as his mom nodded, smiling at him.

"It's okay...I'm just on edge right now knowing that some killers are on the loose. And one of them is your ex girlfriend." June pressed her back into the clothes as she tried not to breathe loud. Being called a killer didn't sit very well with her, it made her stomach churn. She heard Zachs door close and then footsteps leading to the closet. The door cracked open and Zachs eyes met June's.

"She's gone." He said, pulling her out of the closet.

"Thank you for that Zach." June said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yeah well...you look like a mess and I don't think you're a killer so it's the least I could do. Do you need some clothes?" Zach asked, making June nod.

"Some clothes and a nap maybe." June cracked a small smile as Zach walked over to the closet, pulling out a pair of her old shorts and a hoodie of his.

"So what did happen?" Zach asked, furrowing his eyebrows as she grabbed the clothes from his hands. June shook her head, and looked away from him.

"I don't want to talk about it. But I just want you to know that I didn't kill anybody and neither did John B." June said, making Sachs eyebrows furrow.

"Then who killed Sheriff Peterkin?" Zach asked, turning around so that she could change. She quickly changed, and then walked towards him, tapping his shoulder so he knew he could turn around.

"I can't tell you. Zach please promise me you won't tell anyone I'm here. Promise you won't get the police." June knew that I'd she told Zach that it was Rafe that he wouldn't believe her. Rafe was a bad guy but he wasn't that bad of a guy to his friends, making that fact unbelievable to Zach.

"But I-"

"Promise."

"I promise." Zach said, running a hand through his hair. "But I-"

"I just want to take a nap." June interrupted him, not necessarily wanting to relive the previous day. Zach looked perplexed, but agreed nonetheless. He gestured towards his bed and then made his way over, pulling the covers back. June got under the blankets, feeling immense relief form being in a bed.