( fourty-two. )

"Hey girl. 1983 Formula 402 SR1. The Phantom." JJ looked at the two girls, clicking his tongue and pulling the cover off of it. June nodded, an unimpressed look on her face. She didn't know much about boats, so she didn't really care.

"The first boat to make the run to Bermuda in under 16 hours, guys. Forty years old! Forty! And still the fastest thing that kildares ever seen." June stepped forward, touching the side of the boat.

"It's kind of a junker." Kie commented, sending him a forced smile. He looked at her in shock, his eyes wide. His face made June giggle.

"Really? She's right there Kie. She can hear you. Let's just put it this way. You would not be smoking weed right now if she never existed okay?"

"Let's hope it runs. Sorry she. Let's hope she runs." June said, bumping into JJs shoulder.  He nodded, patting the side of the boat.

"Oh she'll run alright. She's faster than  any cutters the boys in blue got." JJ said. They all turned their heads as the sound of the motorcycle came. June heard the screeching of the tires as Kie walked over to greet Pope.  June wrapped her arm around JJs waist, her mouth open with to say something to him but the voice of someone who definitely was not Pope stopped her from speaking.

"Hey there. How's it goin'? JJ how's it going?" June's face fell as she caught sight of Rafe, her chest immediately feeling like it was going to collapse. He caught sight of her, a small smile making its way into his lips. "Well there's June. So my jobs halfway done already ." Although he seemed relieved to see her there, he also looked really panicked. June heard a whistle from behind her, turning her head to see Barry walking out behind them.

"Shit." June said, all the color leaving her face as she started to back away from the two. She couldn't be caught, especially not by Rafe because his goal was to kill her.

"Well, well..." Barry said, pulling out a gun and pointing it right at JJ. June's breath hitches, her hand going to her stomach as she watched JJ lift his hands. "...see don't think I forgot about me and you on the side of the road. I'm here because I want my motherfuckin' money." At that he stepped forwards, hitting JJ with the gun.

"JJ!" June yelled running over and trying to get between the two.

"Rafe!" Kie yelled.

"That's what I'm here for!" Barry yelled as he pushed JJs head into the floor.   June grabbed at Barry's neck but her elbowed her, busting her lip and sending her flying backwards.

"Stay off me bitch! I'll get to you. See this is how your boy is gonna repay me! Your fucking money." Barry said, pointing the gun towards her.

"It's not you we want Kie." Rafe said, pushing her away from JJ and Barry." Where's John B?"  Rafe said getting in her face.

"I don't know!" She said, slapping him in the face.  June was outraged, finally recollecting herself as Rafe started to corner Kie.

"You fucking murderer!" She yelled, making Rafe turn away from Kie who was making the same claim. Barry kicked JJ, making June instinctively run towards him, bringing her fist back to try and punch Barry. He however dodged it, bringing the gun back and then hitting her in the face with it. June fell again as Rafe grabbed Kie by the throat. June couldn't necessarily comprehend what anyone was saying, their words fading in and out as she sprawled out on the floor.  Barry pulled JJ up as he tried to get to June but  he didn't make it because Barry kept punching him.

"Maybe your bitch wouldn't be on the floor if you didn't steal my fucking money!" Barry yelled as Rafe and Kie screamed back and forth. June sat up now, the blood staining her chin and shirt as she thought of what she could do. Before anyone could do anything Pope came out fo nowhere, hitting Rafe in the back with a bar. Rafe fell forwards but quickly turned around, knocking the bar out of Pipes hand and punching him. Pope quickly regained himself, punching Rafe in the face. He kept punching him as Barry got up, trying to grab the gun but JJ quickly grabbed his foot, tripping him. The gun flew across the floor, landing in front of June.

"Kick it away!" JJ yelled, but June's eyes were wide as she looked down at it. Instead of kicking it she grabbed it, pointing it at Barry who was coming towards her.  JJ got up quick, grabbing Barry and throwing him into the side of the boat. They started to yell at Pope to stop but it fell on deaf ears as he wrapped a rope around Rafes neck.

June was still standing there, gun in hand as she just looked down at it. She knew what she wanted to do with it. Her hands shook violently as she lifted it, pointing it at her target. Pope dropped Rafe to the ground finally, Rafe grunting. Everyone looked at Pope in shock, their eyes wide as he hyperventilated.

June ran over, her hands still shaky as she pointed the gun right in Rafes face.

"Woah woah June! What the hell are you doing?"JJ asked, reaching to grab her hand. She moved away though, her eyes wide and dangerous as she leaned down to press the gun to Rafes forehead.

"June stop!" Kie yelled, not really knowing what to do.

"Fuck you Rafe! Fuck you! You ruined everything!  Who are you?! You're not Rafe! Rafe was Adams friend! My fucking brothers friend! Who are you?! You deserve to die you fucking murderer! You're a fucking murderer." She screamed, tears spilling from her eyes as she pulled the hammer of the gun back.  She felt relieved as she finally spoke her mind, all of her pent up emotions flying out once again. His eyes were wide as he started to finally get his air back, actual fear seeming to seep into his features. JJ and Kie were now yelling at her as she stared into Rafes eyes, hatred spilling out of her. "Fuck you." She said, her voice breaking as she balled his shirt up in her fist.

"June..." JJ said, trying to pull her out of her trance. She was breathing so heavily, the blood and tears mixing on her chin, her hair making a curtain around her head so no one but Rafe could really see her emotion.

"You ruined everything." June said in a whisper this time. She put the gun on the floor now, sliding it away from them all as she dropped her head into his chest for a moment. She cried there for a second, Rafe too weak to move. When she sat back up , her hand still balled into his shirt, she brought her fist back, using all her strength to punch him in the face. His eyes rolled into the back of his head as JJ finally pulled her away.  She turned away from Rafe finally, pushing her face into JJs chest as she started to sob violently.

"I was going to kill him JJ. I wanted to do it. I'm a killer." She cried into his chest as they all stood there looking at her in shock.

"You didn't. You didn't do it. You're not a killer. You're okay." He said, petting her tangled head as he felt a tear fall from his eye. It broke his heart to see her fall apart like this. Kie  made her way to Pope talking to him as June continued
to sob uncontrollably.  Kie and JJ shared a look as they looked at the two unstable people they had to now deal with.

JJ and June made their way to the car, the blood on her chin starting to dry and stain there, her hand starting to ache from the punch. She leaned on him, finally drying her eyes as she watched out the window. Pope sat in the back, his face devoid of emotion as they all rode in silence.