( twenty- four. )

June woke up the next morning, an intense pain instantly shooting through her arm as she reached over to feel her bandage. Thanks to some rubbing alcohol and a bandage to avoid having to go to the hospital  June had been fixed up by Sarah. She groaned, sitting up in the bed she was in, looking over at the figure laying beside her. She admired JJ for a second, liking how adorable he looked in his sleep. She was just so shocked at how they had ended up like this, it was unpredictable. He was unpredictable. She shook JJ, waking him up as she stepped out of bed, pulling a change of clothes out of her closet. They had rode back to June's house last night after everyone had went their separate ways. JJ didn't want to ruin his excitement by going home. They had talked for hours about the gold and how crazy it was that they had actually found it before eventually just sitting in silence and enjoying each other's company. They fell asleep in each other's arms, and June didn't want it any other way.

"Good morning." June said, biting her lip as she looked over at JJ. He groaned as he turned over, putting his head into the pillow and trying to savor his sleep. June rolled her eyes, walking over to where he was laying and jumping onto him. He smiled and sat up, the cover falling off of his chest and making her smile even wider. June settled on his lap, a mischievous grin on his face as she did so, causing her to scoff.  He wiggled his eyebrows, making her laugh as she got off of him and got back to changing.

"It is a very good morning. We need to get to JBs so we can melt that gold down". JJ said, pulling the blanket off and grabbing his shirt from the chair he put it on the night before. He was still amazed that he could even talk about the gold, knowing that they actually had it. "How's your arm?" He asked, pointing to the large bandage as she pulled on a button up. She struggled doing her buttons, the wound making her arm very weak.

"It hurts like shit and it's so weak. Can you do my buttons?" She asked, sticking out her bottom lip and giving him puppy dog eyes. He nodded, walking over and buttoning her up.

"Usually I'd be doing this in reverse." He said before finishing up the last button. She giggled at that and then turned away from him, slipping her sandals on and grabbing her keys from the bedside table.

"Come on stupid. You drive." She said, grabbing his shirt with her good arm and making her way down the stairs. Her parents didn't seem to be around, making the exit easy for them.  The whole drive there they talked about the gold, what it means now that they knew where it was, the plan to get it, and so on. June kept looking at him, how the wind blew in his hair, how his smile stayed on his lips and she just couldn't help but admire him. She nodded along to what he was saying but she just couldn't pay attention because all she could think about is how happy she was. They had found the gold, they had actually done it. She had never felt this way with Zach, she had never had this much fun in her life, and she never wanted to go back. It was only up from here. Or so she thought.

"What are you staring at ugly?" JJ joked, breaking out of his conversation about the gold and glancing over at her. June gasped at his comment, smacking his arm. She smirked at him, covering her bullet wound with her hand.

"Not staring. Just admiring." She said raising an eyebrow.

"I know I'm good looking . It's nothing new." He answered, shrugging his shoulder with a smug smile. June rolled her eyes and looked away before a thought came to her head.

"Right right. Hey JJ?" She said, her smile dropping as she looked over at him again.

"Hm?" He asked, noticing the difference in her tone.