( twenty-nine. )

June was biting at her nails, her mind reeling as they rode in the boat. She was nervous, really nervous and unsure of what was going to happen. What if John B really did kill Ward? Then he would be arrested and there's nothing they could do about it. She didn't want to be split or separated from John B. He was her friend and she would do anything for him. They needed to stop him before he got in some serious trouble.

"You're a nail biter?" June was brought out of her thoughts by JJ who was looking down at her with a smirk.

"I guess I am now. Why? Is that a deal breaker?" June asked, pulling her hand away from her mouth. June shot JJ a smile .

"Yes. I'm sorry but we have to break up." JJ said, giving June a glare. He cracked a smile soon after, making her laugh.

"I guess that's okay. I won't have to put up with your sweaty ass anymore." June said, quirking an eyebrow at him as he pressed a hand to his chest, giving her a loud gasp.

"Ouch. Don't lie Carly. You love my sweaty ass cheeks." JJ turned around at that, his ass dangerously close to her face. June squealed , covering her face.  She brought a hand up and slapped his ass as hard as she could, causing him to jump away from her in shock.

"Okay you two. Get a damn room." Kie said, pulling away from her conversation with Pope. JJ and June glared at each other, narrowing their eyes as well. JJ took a seat beside her now, dropping a hand onto hers. June sighed as  she  returned to her worry,  pulling JJs hand to her chest with both her hands. She brought it to her lips, kissing it lightly before dropping it to her lap and fiddling with it. She was unconsciously doing so, her mind elsewhere. She just wanted John B safe.  JJ however had his mind set on June. His heart was pounding as a new feeling was settling into him. He could feel it in his stomach, his lungs, his chest, he could feel it coursing through him. It was a feeling of never wanting to part from her, always wanting to be by her side. He wanted to yell from rooftops that she was his and that she was perfect. And when she was around everything seemed like it might actually be okay. He had no idea what the feeling was. But it was so right. She had no idea the affect she had on him. His palms got sweaty and his heart pounded every time she looked at him. He wanted to kiss her every time she smiled. All he knew is that in those moments, when she was there, he just wanted her and only her forever. He had never had such big feelings. And he had absolutely no way to express them.

June brought JJ out of his thoughts, her hand propping up his chin. She ran her thumb over his lip before pulling him to her, giving him a small peck.

"What was that for?" JJ asked with a soft smile. June shrugged, dropping his chin and focusing on Kie and Pope who were having a serious conversation.

"Just felt like it." She said. JJ let a smile take over his face, his palms getting sweaty as he did so. He couldn't help it. He loved her. And that kinda scared him. Everything had happened so suddenly and unexpectedly that he was in denial.

They pulled up outside of the Cameron residence, stopping the boat and dropping the anchor. June and JJ stood from their spot, looking out into the property. They couldn't see anything that was going on inside, it was very quiet. That gave them the idea that no one was dead or shot and that John B hadn't killed Ward.

"What now? Do we just go up to the front door and say, "hey have you seen John B?"." JJ spoke up, pointing towards the large mansion like house.

"Look he lives at Tannyhill now. It's plausible. Look we can play dumb." Kie said, running a hand through her hair. June nodded, agreeing with her silently.