( thirty-nine. )

June sat in silence, huddled inside the thin blanket as the breeze nipped at her skin. She could hear the sirens pass in droves every few minutes, making her sink further and further into the shadows. Sleep was far from her mind as she thought of how to get to JJ without getting caught. It would be near impossible but she had the will to do it. All she wanted right now was to be cuddled in JJs arms, hearing his little snores and being warm in her own bed. She wanted to see him, it had been a long 2 days and she just wants fit to be over so she could be with him. But then when she realized that next time she saw him she would be saying goodbye to him her thoughts ran wild as she thought of what to say.

Would leaving and running away actually be the best choice? Zach had made a point in the car that he wouldn't get into trouble because his dad was a lawyer. If June found someone that would actually listen to her then maybe she could get off and get John B off free.

June thought of Ward Cameron, his murder of Big John and the square groupers and how Rafe had followed in his fathers homicidal footsteps. She didn't quite understand what happened with Rafe though. She had known him for years due to her brother being his best friend and he had always been good to her. Sometimes a little too good. But the moment that Adam left he changed into something else. More than anything she wanted justice. She didn't want to rot in prison or die because someone else committed a crime.  But the first thing she needed to do was stay away from Rafe, the  one person who she knew was capable of killing her.

June's breath hitched in her throat as she heard an all too familiar voice call out, making her worst nightmare come true.

"Hey June... I know you're somewhere around here!" Rafe called. June covered her mouth with her hand as she pressed her back against some dry wall. She heard footsteps on the floor of the house and she tried not to move.  She really could not catch a fucking break. She could hear his loud breaths as he rounded another corner, directly across form where she was hidden.

"June. Come on out and maybe I'll play nice." Rafe said, running a hand through his hair. June started to move, trying to get away from the spot that Rafe was about to catch her. But of course with her luck the floor under her creaked, causing Rafe to turn his head in her direction.

"There you are." He said, walking right towards her. She looked up at him with terror in her eyes as he pulled her up by her arm, making her gasp in pain as he gripped her bullet wound.

"Fuck!" She screamed as he pulled her out of the house and into the street. June didn't fight back though, knowing what Rafe was capable of now.

"What do you want Rafe? I know you don't want to turn me in because I'll talk, so what the fuck are you going to do?!" June asked, pulling her arm out of his grip.

"I don't know yet! I don't know yet but you should be fucking scared." Rafe said, getting in her face.

"No you should be fucking scared Rafe. You're the dumbass who killed someone." June said, gritting her teeth as she got right back into his face.

"Shut your damn mouth." He grabbed her arms again,  pulling her closer to him  as his voice turned to a deadly whisper.

"How'd you know where I was?" June said, her voice settling as she looked at Rafe. When she thought of what he had done he terrified her but when she looked him in the eye she was unable to be afraid of him, because to her this was just her brothers best friend. She wondered what had warranted his drastic changes.