Red And Blue Lights

Rafe's Pov

Me and Jayde pull up to a random street where we seen red and blue lights. The cops are in front of Kelce's house, so I get out of the truck.

"Hey," Some random woman says, as Jayde gets out of the passenger seat of my truck.

"Rafe." Jayde says, pulling my arm back.

"I think they've got him trapped in this house." The woman says, pointing to Kelce's home.

"It's John B. It's John B Routledge." The woman's daughter says, pointing.

Me and Jayde look at each other with terrified looks on their faces.

"All right, John B!" The officer Shoupe says into a megaphone. "It's Shoupe out here. We got you surrounded. We don't want any more bloodshed. We are coming in!" I lace my fingers into Jaydes.

"Remember the fallen sheriff!" Someone yells. Jayde shoots them a dirty look.

"Yeah, that's right! Kill the son of a bitch!" Someone else yells.

"Get him!" Someone else yells.

Jayde cringes at everyones screams towards John B. We both knew the innocent boy didn't shoot the sheriff. It was Ward Cameron, my father.

"Get him, Shoupe!" Someone else yells, as the police team runs up the stairs towards the front door. They swing the front door open and step inside. Not even a minute later the front door opens again and then the officers step out.

"He ran out the back!" Shoupe yells to the other officers outside.

"He was just in there! He can't be far." Topper says, following the police officer outside.

"I want three deputies to hit the backyard now!" Shoupe yells. "Come on. Let's go! The suspect is unarmed, all right?"

"Come on. Let's find him." I say to Jayde, running with her hand in mine, pulling her through the crowd of people.

"Gotta protect the homeland." Kelce says, following me and Jayde.

"Where are you at John B?" I yell. Me and Jayde need to find him before anyone else, so we can help him out.

"Check the other side Kelce." Jayde says.

"Got it." Kelce says, walking to the other side of the road. A police car passes the group. Then there is a loud clattering noise across the road where Kelce is. Then a car alarm goes off.

"Yo, hold up." I say, pushing Jayde behind my back.

"Rafe, somebody set off that alarm." Kelce says, walking back to me and Jayde. We walk over and check the car.

"He probably went this way," Jayde says, pointing to the car.

"Are you sure?" Kelce questions.

"No other way he could have gone." I say, running a hand through my hair. Everyone walks in the direction, except Jayde and I. I pull Jaydes arm in the other direction towards some abandoned church. We run into the church and close the doors.

"Come over," I say, pulling Jayde towards a ladder. Jayde climbs the ladder and I follow.

Jayde's Pov

"Hi." John B says, holding a candlestick in his hand like it's a weapon.

"Hey." I say, smiling. I climbs up to John B and Rafe steps up to.

"Hi." Rafe says.

"Are you okay?" I question.

"Yeah, are you guys?" John B asks, running a hand through his brown curly hair.

"We are." I say smiling. We all freeze, and go silent as the sound of footsteps approach, me and Rafe run over to where John B is Standing. The two boys push me behind them, Ready to defend me.

"Topper?" I question.

"What are you doing here, Top?" John B yells.

"Hey. Just take it easy, man." Topper says, sticking an arm up.

"Dont fucking move!" Rafe says.

"Let me--" Topper begins saying, "I just need to talk to Rafe. Please."

"It's not too smart, is it meeting up with a fugitive like this?" Topper questions, stepping up to where the we are standing. John B steps towards Topper. "What? You gonna try and kill me too, man?"

"He didn't kill anyone." I say, defending John B.

"Are you kidding?" Topper questions, tapping his fingers against his temples.

"No." Rafe says.

"No?" Topper questions confused. "Hey everybody! He's up here!" Topper yells, ringing the bell.

"Shutup!" John B yells.

"Shut your mouth bro." Rafe says, pushing Topper back, covering his mouth.

"Topper, knock it off." I say.

"All right--" Topper says, sticking his hands up.

"You done?" Rafe questions.

"I'm sorry." Topper says, apologetically.

"We were warned about these pogues, weren't we?" Topper questions me and Rafe.

"He's innocent!" I shout.

"Who did it then?" Topper questions the three of us.

"Ward." I say.

"What are you talking about," Topper questions, turning to Rafe.

"Why would she say my own dad did it when I'm standing right here unless he did?" Rafe questions.

"We were there, Topper." I say, running a hand through my hair.

"Dont lie to me, Jayde." Topper says.

"Sheriff Peterkin was trying to arrest my father," Rafe says, waving his hands around, "And then he shot her."

"No." Topper says, denying everything.

"That's my dad, man!" Rafe yells. The sounds of sirens began approaching.

"Why would he lie about that?" I question.