Blood On Her Hands

I hold onto Rafes hand tightly as Renfield drives the truck through the darkness of the night. We then spot a group of people ahead of us by a truck crashed into a tree.

"Should we stop and help them?" I question, looking out the window.

"Nah." Rafe says, smirking at me. In the back of our truck is the cross. As the truck approaches the people, my attention fixatesnon the two boys arguing away from the group. Pope and John B, Pope stares back at me. I know, he knows.

"He knows." I say, turning to look at Rafe next to me.

"Good." Rafe says.

As Renfield backs the truck into the garage, I unbuckle my seat belt, and Rafe does the same. I open the door and climb out of the truck, Rafe follows me. I walk over to Carla's side and Rafe stands on the other side of her. Renfield unlocks the lock on the door on the back of the truck. As he opens the door, Rafe walks over to help him with the other door. I cross my arms across my chest. Renfield and Rafe begin sliding the cross out of the truck.

"Hold up." Rafe says, readjusting his grip on the cross.

"Careful." Renfield says, waiting for Rafe.

"Ready?" Renfield questions.

"On three. One, two, three." Rafe says, as they pick the cross up out of the truck.

"Okay." Rafe says, leaning the cross against the back of the truck.

"I don't believe it." Carla says.

"I told you I'd get it for you, didn't I?" Renfield says, confidently.

"You said you would, and you did." Carla says, walking over to the cross. Renfield begins cutting the tape off the tarp covering the cross.

"Before we do this, we just want to remind you of the deal, okay?" Rafe questions, standing next to me.

"You really are your fathers son, aren't you?" Carla questions.

"Talking about deals at a moment like this." Carla says. I can't help but to scoff in annoyance. The woman seriously believed a rag could cure her.

"We showed you the mural. We get our cut." I state.

"The deal is as we discussed." Carla says.'

"It better be." Rafe says.

"You'll get your cut." Carla repeats. As the cross is revealed the woman walks up to it.

"So beautiful." Carla states, running her fingers over the details.

"Inside this cross is the shroud." Carla says, "And whoever touches the he, of the garment shall be healed." Rafe, me, and Reinfield all look at each other.

"It's time for a miracle." Carla says, removing the key from her pocket and inserting it into the cross. As she struggles to unlock it Renfield walks over.

"Here, let me help you get it." Reinfield says.

"No! It's meant for a Limbrey." Carla snaps.

"Bitch." I mumble. The lock then clicks, Carla slowly opens the door to the cross, and when the door opens a moth flies out. I slap a hand over my mouth to prevent the laugh that was coming.

"Hmm." Rafe says, "The magic scarf was eaten by bugs." Renfield and I both start laughing uncontrollably.

"How dare you mock me!" Carla yells, slapping Renfield.