"This is not the end."

Me and Rafe climb into the boat with Barry. We had as many things we could fit in the two bags that we were limited to. As the boat takes off from the island and into the bay, I begin thinking about the two weeks before when my life was normal. When Topper jumped John B on the beach, did I let my voices get the best of me? Do I really hate my friends as much as my mind wants me to? Now I am leaving the only place I know as home because Ward Cameron couldn't accept his fate in jail.

Rafe's Pov

The boat is in the marsh, I shove the gun Jayde hands me into my bag.

"Hey, I'm all for a man's right to defend himself, Rafe, but," Barry says, driving the boat, "your ass is gonna get shot carrying that thing." I adjust the hat that is on the top of my head.

"They aint gonna take us alive. I can't tell you that much right now." I say. The sound of birds fluttering and cawing comes out of nowhere, causing the three of us to look around.

"I've never been back here before." Jayde says, wiping beads of sweat off of her forehead. I glance around, realizing I have also never been in the area before.

"You don't wanna be seen, now, do you?" Barry questions.

"You know, everybody thinks nature is all chill, right?" I question, Jayde nods in agreement.

"That's such bullshit." I say.

"Couldn't agree more." Jayde says, looking over at me. Jayde slaps a mosquito that is resting on her arm. God I love this girl.

"Everything trying to kill everything else all the time, and..." I continue, "and every single thing has to kill to live." We sit in silence for a moment.

Jayde smirks and turns to look at me and says, "Killing is nature." I look over to, Barry staring at her with a concerned look on his face, and all I can do is just smirk back at her.

"I don't particularly dislike you guys," Barry says, "But I ain't gonna forget about how Ward punked my ass." I look at Jayde, and by the look on her face i can realize she is thinking the same thing as me, we are in a trap.

"It's been due yall pay me some respect." Barry says, as the boat slows down. The boat comes to a complete stop.

"Where are you taking--" I begin saying, as Barry runs across the boat.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Jayde yells, turning around, watching Barry jump into the water.

"They got guns!" Barry yells, from the water.

"Rafe, stay where you are!" A voice yells from another direction, causing Jayde to face me. A boat and two jet skis speed towards us. All officers armed.

"Keep your hands where we can see them! Do not move, or we will shoot!" Shoupe yells. I quickly think, and run to my bag and struggle to unzip it.

"Shit, shit!" Jayde yells, panicking.

"Don't go for that bag!" Shoupe yells. I pull out the gun. Guns then start firing us. Fuck, I grab Jayde jump into the water to hide us behind the boat from the flying bullets.

"Jayde, Jayde!" I yell, patting Jayde down making sure she isn't hit.

"Hold your fire!" Shoupe yells. Jayde looks over at me with tears in her eyes. I grab Jaydes face with the hand that isn't holding my gun. I pull her wet face up to mine and lay a gentle kiss on her lips and then pull her into a tight hug.

"This is not the end." I say, pushing her wet hair out of her face.

"I love you, Rafe." She says, i can't help smiling at her.

"You hit?" The officer questions. Jayde takes her gun trying to get it to get water out of it. She slaps the water in frustration, I pull her against me and hold her. I just wanted to be with her, not separated by a cell.

"We don't want to kill you, kids, but you guys are making it damn hard." Shoupe says.

"Them guns ain't gonna work now that they've been wet." The officer says. I hold Jayde against me, and try to think of all of the ways I can get us both out of this situation.

"Don't be fools. Get rid of them." An officer says.

"Why don't you throw them guns out where we can see them?" Shoupe questions. I look down at Jayde as she stares up at me.

"Nowhere for you guys to go." An officer yells. I look at Jayde and nod. It's time to give up.

"All right. All right." I say, throwing my gun. Jayde then follows my actions, throwing hers.

"Now, you guys ease on out away from the boat. We'll come to you." Shoupe says. I grab Jaydes arm, and drag her behind me as we run through the marsh. The water is heavy on our feet, slowing us down too much.

"Stop! Damn it!" Shoupe yells. The boat follows behind us, not struggling to stay on our tails. I grunt, as I struggle to pull Jayde along with me. Me and Jayde struggle to climb up on land, as the officers jump out of their boat.

"Go get them, boys!" Barry yells, from his jet ski. Two officers on four wheelers then ride up. Just as we are able to flop onto land the officers surround us from every way.

"Stay right there! Stay put. They are unarmed." Shoupe says, as officers surround Jayde and I with guns pointed at us. I look over to Jayde, as she looks at me with tears in her eyes. Shit.

"Did that turn out how you guys thought it would?" Shoupe questions.

"Alright." Another officer says, two officers then grab their handcuffs from their belts.

"Are you injured?" Shoupe questions, as the two officers handcuff us. Jayde shoots me a smirk, and I can't help but smile at her because I already know what was on her mind.

Revenge

☆☆☆
Thank you guys so much for reading my story! This is not the end I plan on keeping this going very long. I just wanted to let you know I appreciate you so much. If you guys could, please comment anything you would like to see happen. After this book I am writing a sequel, I plan on releasing by the end of October, 2021. I am also writing more books, they are love stories for each character in the OBX series. Let me know what you would like to see, and also check out my bio to see the upcoming stories. ☆☆☆