Just a dream.

I wake up from my dream, startled. Upset, that it was just a dream, that was my goal. Walking into the Cameron Residence hand in hand with Rafe, gun's in our free hands. I look over at Rafe sleeping next to me, I smile at the sight of him.

I help my mom fold laundry on the back porch, hoping Rafe and my dad were fine getting groceries. I'm glad all of us were able to come together. Although my parents are stressed because Kie hadn't been home for weeks, John B has the death penalty, and the Cameron's were still running the Kook side of the island. Tension was high all throughout the island.

"Mom? Dad?" A voice says, startling me and my mom who are folding clothes.

My mom sighs in relief, "Oh, thank God. Oh my God."

"Where have you been? We were up all night long. Mom was at the hospital." I question, at the sight of my sister.

"Well, the truck broke down, and then my phone died." Kie says, stepping onto the back porch.

"And we didn't have a plug. I--" Kie begins saying, then gets cut off by my mom laughing.

"Well, of course. That makes complete sense." My mom says, placing her hands on her hips.

"The plug? Of course. The plug." Mu mom says, laughing.

Kie nods, "Yeah." My mom sits down shaking her head, I continue folding laundry.

"John B's back." Kie says.

"We heard." I say, looking up at Kie nodding and then continuing to fold the clothes.

"I heard that on the news." My mom says.

"I heard he's arrested for murder." My mom says. I freeze for a second and then continue folding laundry.

"Yeah, but he didnt... he didn't do it, okay? I promise. Somebody's framing him." Kie says, I nod in agreement.

"And he's gonna need money for a good lawyer." Kie says, shrugging.

My mom scoffs, "I can't do this with you." Jayde feels bad for Kiara, but then remembers everything the Pogues have done to her, so she just continues folding laundry.

"Mom, this is really important." Kie says.

"You didn't even call me." My mom says.

"John B's been arrested for murder." Kiara says.

"I mean, do you understand that? It's not all about you." Kie says. My stands up, throwing a towel in the laundry in the basket, and turning the other direction.

"Yeah." Anna says.

"You really think that's what she was thinking at four in the morning when we were out on the beach looking to see if your body washed up with the tide?"I question.

"I was definitely thinking, 'This is all about me'." My mom says, turning back to face Kiara.

"Jesus, you treat her like shit." I say, defending
my mom.

"You guys treat me like shit." Kie says, "You don't even trust me."

"Why should I trust you? All you do is lie to me!" Anna says.

"When have I lied to you?" Kie questions.

"Kiara, stop it!" I yell, trying to get the situation to de-escalate.

"Everything you're doing is for those boys." Anna says. I roll my eyes, giving up. I walk over to Rafe, realizing he is back from grocery shopping.

"It's about the boys." Kiara says.

"It is always about the boys." My mom says, "You're putting these boys above everything else."

"God, you are so worried that I'm gonna sleep with a pogue like you did!" Kie yells. A moment of silence goes by.

"Well guess what? I already did." Kie says, shrugging. I gasp. Rafe watches in silence, awkwardly scratching his neck.

"Let me handle this." My dad says, trying to calm my mom down.

"No, no. No! No! I'm done." My mom says, walking to the basket. My dad looks at Kie with a disappointed look on his face.

"I don't think you have any idea how hard we have worked to try and give you opportunities that other kids do not have!" My mom says.

"How many times do I have to tell you guys that I don't care about those things?" Kiara questions.

"Yes, and you should." My mom says.

"Well I'm sorry. I don't!" Kie yells.

"Look, I'm a Pogue, and I always will be!" Kie yells. Me and Rafe both scoff. I roll my eyes at my sister's childish behavior.

"This is why I hate coming back here!" Kie yells.

"You hate coming back here?" My dad asks.

"Kie, you wanna live like a Pogue?" I ask, tired of my sister's behavior.

"Let me show you what it's like." My mom says, picking up the basket in front of her. She walks past Me, and Rafe. She dumps the clothes into the yard.

"Go live like a freaking Pogue." My mom says, pointing at the clothes.

"Get your butt out of my house!" My mom yells, "Nobody's stopping you." Kie looks at my dad and me with tears in her eyes, then walks off the porch and picks up the clothes. She then walks away from the house.