Bahamas Pt.1

I sit in the back of the Camerons Black Range Rover, and look over to Rafe sitting next to me. His head is stuck out of the window, he is watching his dad say goodbye to Rose. I slowly slips my fingers between Rafes. Rafe turns to look at me, I can't help but smile at him.

"Rafe, what is our relationship status?" I ask, Rafe looks at me confused.

"I... I don't know." Rafe says.

"Okay, can we figure it out once the murder stuff gets sorted out?" I ask, looking up into his eyes.

"Yeah... Yes." Rafe says. Ward then walks out of the house and climbs into the car.

"I didn't just bring you guys here because I need your help." Ward says, walking over to a black safe in the middle of the living room in the Bahamas.

"Is this the deal you've been working on?" Rafe asks, throwing his bag on the couch.

"You could say that." Ward says. I was too busy looking around the beautiful house to realize what they were talking about. Ward begins punching numbers into the safe which brings my attention back to him. Ward twists the wheel to the safe.

"You ready?" Ward asks the us two standing behind him.

"What do you got in there?" Rafe asks. "The Hope Diamond?" I let out a laugh at his joke. Ward then opens the safe revealing hundreds of gold bars. Rafe and I looked at each other in shock.

"Is that real?" I question, not able to believe what is front of my eyes.

"That's the realist thing there is." Ward says, with his arm slung over the door to the safe. Ward then takes two pieces of gold out.

"Hold it." Ward says, handing both of us pieces of gold. I run my fingers over the wheat symbol on the gold.

"I found it." Ward says, proud of himself.

"You found..." Rafe says. "You found the Royal Merchant?" Ward nods his head.

"It's what all this has been about." Ward says. It all then made sense to Me. I look at Rafe with a giant smile on my face. Ward then takes more gold out in his hands.

"All this gold, it's ours now." Ward says, to Rafe and I. Ward put more bars in the our hands.

"Jesus." Rafe says.

"It can't bring Sarah back, but it can save us." Ward says. Rafe and I nod our heads in agreement.

"See, by the time hurricane Agatha hit..." Ward says, "We were in a financial hole, a deep one." Ward sighs, stuffing his hands in his pockets. He turned to face the gold.

"Well you're not in a hole anymore." I say, Rafe chuckles.

"We." Ward says, "You're one of us." I smile, feeling included. I feel like a member of the family.

"I mean, we're looking at what here?" Rafe questions.

"Half a billion." Ward says, scratching his beard. Rafe nods his head.

"Half a billion." I repeat.

"Oh my god." Rafe says, pacing back and forth. He then walks outside, grabbing the hat that was backwards on his head. I follow him laughing.

"Woohoo!" Rafe yells, punching the air. "Dad! What? How is this possible, huh?"

"This is what I need to tell you." Ward says, pulling the us towards him.

"Look at me. Look. I'm hard on you, Rafe." Ward says to Rafe.

"I'm really hard on you, all right?" Ward asks.

"The day on the Tarmac this is what was on the cargo plane." Ward says, holding up a piece of gold.

I watch the next morning as Rafe and Ward load the gold into small ammo containers. They were going to transport the gold back to the Outer Banks. A bunch of Army looking trucks then pulled up to the vacation home. A bunch of guys stepped out of the trucks wearing bulletproof vests, and black security hats. I stand back while Ward talks to them discussing the plan of transporting the gold.

Me and Rafe, stole the gold. We did it, we walk into Ward's office where he is huddled over papers stressing how he is going to get himself out of debt with out the gold, i take a knife to his neck and slash his neck open.

I walk out of Tanneyhill, hand in hand with Rafe, blood covering me. I mean i just killed Ward and Rose.

"So where are we heading first?" Rafe questions.

Let's go, Rafe! Let's go, Jayde!" Ward yells, waking me from my daydream. I look over to Rafe as he pulls his backwards hat over his head, I walk up to him wrapping my arm around his waist. Ward climbs into the driver side of the truck carrying the ammo crates with the gold in them. Rafe climbs into the Passenger side and I climb up into his lap.

"Buckle up kids!" Ward says, pulling out of the gated driveway.