Handcuffs

Rafe's Pov

Me, Jayde and Topper all stepped outside.

"On your knees!" The cops yelled, Topper is in John B's pink sweatshirt. "Hands where we can see 'em." The cop says.

"Shoot them!" Someone yells. I look over to Jayde who looks scared to death, I then grab her hand.

"Get down! Routledge, get down!" The cop yells.

"Don't shoot, all right?" Rafe questions.

"Get down!" One cop says.

"Hands up!" Another says.

Topper's hands were already up, so then I realized the cops were talking to me and Jayde. I remove my hand from hers and slowly put my hands in the air.

"Stand down!" The officer yells to the other police.

"It's Topper." Topper says.

"He's not John B!" Jayde yells.

"Topper?" Shoupe asks, taking the hood off of Topper's head.

"Just put the guns down, man." Rafe says.

"Just put the guns down." Topper repeats after Rafe.

"What the hell were you guys doing?" The officer asks, handcuffing the three kids.

"We have no idea what the hell happened in there, all right." Topper says. Jayde looks over to me and smirks, go she looks so good right now, i wish i could just kiss her.

This section is going to be a conversation between the voices in Rafes head and himself. It may be hard to understand.This is important because it shows how mental health affects Rafe in the story.

Rafes voice 1: 'I'll mess you up man'

Rafes voice 2: 'You know, I said I'd do it'

"I said-- Didn't I say I would? Huh?" Rafe asks.

Rafes voice 1: I said I'd mess you up.

Rafes voice 2: 'I warned you.'

"Okay." Rafe says. "Goddamn. Come on." He gasps, and slaps his face as he laughs. "Listen." He says.

Rafes voice 1: 'Hey'

"Listen." Rafe says.

Rafes voice 1: 'I take care of business. Okay?'

"Everyday I do that." Rafe says.

Rafes voice 2: 'It's all right, all right'

Rafes voice 1: 'It's all right'

"Yeah, it's all right."Rafe says, running a hand through his blonde hair. "Oh my god!"

I was there the whole time, I watched Rafe. He was falling apart, I watched as he took off on his dirt bike. He was talking to himself, I honestly couldn't tell myself if it was because of all the drugs he would take at once, or the fact his dad killed someone, or simply just both.

"Wait hold up, is that Kie?" Rafe asks as I grip onto his waist.

"Yeah that's her." I say, holding onto his back.

Me and Rafe pull into the spot we see Kies car pull in. We walk up to the old looking garage and walk in.

"Hey, there. what's going on?" Rafe asks, as Kie just about runs into him.

I look at my twin sister, I notice the horror on her face. Why did my sister look so scared? We were with her the other day and everything was fine.

"JJ?" Jayde says, as Kie backs away from them. "How are you guys doing?"

"Where's John B?" Rafe asks Kie, stepping close to her.

"I don't know." Kie says, slapping Rafe across his face.

"I really wish you didn't just do that. Like what the fuck is your problem?" I say, pushing Kie.

"I know what you guys are doing." Kie says.

"What did we do?" Rafe asks, holding a hand against his face.

"Your covering for you murderer dad." Kie says.

"Kie it's not what it seems like." I say. Then i feel a sharp pain on the back of my head.

"What the fuck." I hiss, falling to the ground in pain.

"Jayde!" Rafe yells, as Pope throws punches at Rafe.

"Rafe!" I yell, Rafe can barely get punches in because of how fast Pope is punching him. "Pope stop!" I yell, standing up, ignoring the fact that my vision is blurred. 

"Pope. Okay Pope." Kie says.

"Pope snap out of it," JJ says, coming over to pull Pope away from Rafe. Pope gets a hose and wraps it around Rafes neck.

I pick up the crow bar and slam it over Pope's head, Pope falls to the ground and so does Rafe.

I kneel down to Rafe, sobbing, "Rafe? Rafe? Are you okay? What did you guys do?!"