two.

I hit the ground as a crushed beer can hit the door behind me, clattering to the ground. Okay maybe I should've just stayed home.

   "JJ! I told you to be careful," Kiara hits the blonde's arm, making her way over to me. She kneels, grinning, "are you alright?"

   Kiara Carrera, daughter of the owners of the Wreck. I've seen her around before. Apparently she goes to the kook academy but I literally never see her around.

   I nod and stand, brushing my hands on my knees, "yeah I'm fine, it's Kiara right?"

   She smiles, "yeah, you're Talia right?"

   Pope snorts and I side eye him, "Catalina actually."

   John B grins, "that's a great name, so many nicknames you could make." Pope nods in agreement as the two begin to list them out.

   "Cat."

   "Talia."

   "Lina."

   "Lia."

   "Ali."

   "Cat's my favorite," Kiara pipes in.

   I roll my eyes at the group, following Kiara over to the counter and taking a seat on a stool. I open a can and take a sip as the boys continue to spout off ridiculous nicknames.

   "So Miss Catalina," I look up, meeting eyes with a blonde boy.

   This is JJ.

   He is by far the most hated member of this little group, by the kooks at least. I hear stories of the unbelievable things he's done and how absolutely irritating he is.

   He grins at me, "you finally decided you want some friends?"

   Believe it or not JJ was the first person I met on the island. He was on the beach by my house waxing his board before getting in. He saw me unloading boxes from the shore and decided to approach.

   I remember exactly what he had said, 'you're new around here? Why don't you come hang out with me and my friends? We could always use another pretty face.'

   I smirk, "I guess I did."

   John B makes his way over, throwing an arm around my shoulder. "Okay Cat! Let's see what you've got, drinking contest with JJ!"

   I exchange glances with the blonde. "You're on."

* * *

   I lean my head back, John B extending his arm behind me to ensure I don't hit my head on the back of the booth. I give him a grateful smile before turning my eyes back to JJ , the blonde sitting across from me, my feet in his lap as he slept.

   In the end the competition was more of a draw, both of us giving up unanimously.

   Lightning flashes outside of the Wreck, Kie looking up from where she was picking up cans with Pope. Kie frowns, "looks like we should get going, crash at the Chateau, wanna come with Cat?"

   I nod slowly, pulling out my phone. I begin to type out a message, going crash wth fries bc of storm, okay?

   Pope ties closed the trash bag and looks over my shoulder, just before I hit send he snatches my phone.

   I frown, "hey!"

   John B chuckles at me, twisting one of my curls around his finger as Pope deletes my message. "You'll thank me for this later," he shakes his head, retyping it out and hitting send. He holds the phone for a few minutes before a response comes in.

   Sounds good! Have fun and be safe.

   Pope hands me my phone again, "all clear, let's head out."

   Kie throws the trash bags away, clicking off the lights as we make our way towards the door. John B heads out to the van, loading my bike onto the back as Kie continues to lock up.

   I look at JJ across from me, the boy still peacefully asleep.

   He looks really good right now.

   I stand from my side of the booth and slide in next to him. After a second I nudge his shoulder, "JJ, wake up," I whisper. "Oh JJ," I draw out his name, nudging him until he finally opens his eyes.

   The blonde boy slowly sits up, stretching his arms and rubbing his eyes. He looks over to me with a lazy grin on his face and I think he might just be one of the most attractive people I've ever seen.

   "You coming with, Catalina?"

   I open my mouth to correct him only to realize he used my full name. I stare at him with my mouth agape for a few seconds as he laughs at me.

   "Come on silly," he pushes my cap over my eyes and pulls me from the seat.

   Together we make our way to the door and down the steps, holding onto eachother every once in a while so we don't fall. When we make it to the van JJ falls to the floor inside and I take a seat next to Pope.

   The windows are down and soothing music is playing lowly from the speakers.

   Pope sits with his head back and eyes shut, obviously exhausted and with no hesitation I lean onto him, shutting my eyes as well. I feel the vibration of the car as we start to move and hear John B and Kie singing along together as we drive and I know.

   I've found my people.