fifty eight.

My eyes widen as the car is put in park, "JJ, where are we?"

   "Rockfish," John B answers the question, glaring at JJ, "the place you go to bash beer bottles on peoples heads. Love that."

   "There's a guy here," JJ sighs, "always here. He moves a lot of weight, my dad worked for him."

   I purse my lips as he pulls the door open for me, "that's not promising."

   He nods, "but it's all we got."

   John B pushes open his door, "please don't say Barracuda Mike."

   JJ throws an arm over my shoulder, leading me to the building, "okay, I won't."

   I glare at him, all this touchy feely is supposed to make up for his blabbermouth. Hate to admit it's kinda working.

   I look around the old bar and its patrons as I let JJ lead me through the place, John B right on our heels, scolding JJ.

   "There's gotta be a better option-"

   "Except there's not!" JJ nods, "Now let me do the talking."

   He drops his arm from around me as he grins, "yo Mike!"

   Mike turns to him, not a hint of amusement on his face.

   "You remember me right?" JJ keeps grinning, "J-"

   "Luke's son!" Mike sticks his knife in the table.

   "That works too, also go by JJ," he turns to us, "this here is my good friend John B and my...other good friend, Catalina."

   Barracuda Mike looks us up and down, "Routledge."

   John B purses his lips, "in the flesh."

   His eyes flit back to me, "and you're that illegitimate daughter, a Cameron."

   I nod, "right again."

   "Heard stories about you two."

   "I mean he's a stone cold," a man closes the space between me and him on the right, JJ faltering as he pulls me closer to him, "c-cop killer."

   I pinch JJ, "no he's not."

   JJ gets back on topic, "Mike I'm gonna be honest on why we're here, we're in a little bit of trouble and we're trying to get down to South America- if that's-"

   "Well I'm sorry slick, but I done sold the travel agency," he smiles.

   I let myself smile, that was funny.

   JJ laughs, "well I mean, we're not looking for some free handout alright? We understand it's a two way road, a symbiotic relationship. We need to parlee-"

   "Parley, that's what he's saying," John B quickly corrects.

   "Parley, in private. If that's cool with you?"

   Mike nods, walking off.

   I grip JJ's hand, "what're you doing?"

   "Just stay here with John B-"

   "Are you kidding-"

   "We're not staying here," I look up at the men surrounding us.

   JJ winks, "you got it."

   He starts after Mike, leaving us alone. I take a step back to be beside John B, the two of us exchanging looks as Mike's friends just stare us down.