sixty one.

I check the time, 2:30.

   Kiara said she should be ready to be picked up by now. I press the brakes as we roll up to her house, a van parked outside. It has the words kitty hawk printed on the side.

   "What's kitty hawk?"

   I shrug, climbing out the car. At the sound of a scream me and JJ exchange looks, running towards the front of the house.

   Kie is kicking and screaming as a man in a gray collared shirt drags her towards the van, his partner trying to restrain her legs. All while her parents sit on the steps and watch.

   What the hell?

   "Kie! Hey let go of her!"

   I grab the man's arm and he throws me off, shoving me away. JJ steps between us, "watch your hands dude! Put her down!"

   I look up at the Carrera's, "what're you doing? Can't you see she doesn't wanna go?!"

   Kie sobs, "Mom! Dad!"

   Anna cries into her hands as her husband comforts her. Are all rich people just insane? This is their daughter being kidnapped.

   I turn back around to find JJ standing between the men and the doors to the vehicle. The man holding Kiara's legs lets them go as he goes to try and move JJ.

   God-

   JJ swings. Anyone could've predicted that. He and the older man begin to tussle, JJ clearly having the upperhand.

   I pat my pockets, something, I need something.

   I find JJ's pocket knife.

   Funny.

   I run over to Kie, the girl sobbing as she tries to free herself from the man's hold. Using the blunt end of the knife I hit him in the temple, the man groaning and stumbling backwards a few steps.

  I grab Kie's hand, "are you okay? Are you okay?"

  She wipes her eyes, "I just...I-"

   "Kiara! Kiara!"

   Her dad starts down the steps and I put myself between the two of them, "JJ! Car now!"

   He pulls away from the fight he's in, "right, Kie let's go!"

   I follow them to the car, slamming the driver's door right as Mike reaches us. He bangs on the window, "Cat! Unlock the door! Kiara!"

   I shake my head, "sorry Mr. C."

   I slam the gas.

* * *

   I glance into the backseat, "Kie? Are you okay?"

   Kiara wipes her tears, nodding, "I'm so glad you guys are here."

   JJ looks back at Kie, "who were those people? Was that the wilderness camp?"

   "Yeah," she trails off, "I'm fine, let's just focus on getting Big John."

   "You sure?"

   She nods, "I'm sure."

   I slowly roll up to the tarmac, pulling beside the Twinkie. We all climb out, Sarah and John B standing there like upset parents.

   "Where were you guys! You were supposed to be here an hour ago!"

   I shrug, "we're here now."

   At the sound of a bike engine I turn, Pope and Cleo pulling up on JJ's bike. The blonde boy chuckles, jogging over to them, "you're here! Finally convince your pops."