forty four.

"Can we fit through that?"

   "Hell yeah," John B grins, "nice one Kie."

   "What was that about a swiss army knife not coming in handy?"

   I roll my eyes, snatching the knife from JJ. I pop it open, climbing up onto the crate towards the vent Kiara found. It only takes two minutes until I can pull the grate out, passing it to Pope below me.

   I poke my head out, "coast is clear."

   "Okay great, we raid the armory, roll back here and plot the next move," JJ explains, "the armory is on the third deck aft, near the laundry room. Let's roll!"

   "Hold up," Pope sighs, "I don't think we should all go."

   "Why?"

   "I gotta be honest, I think you should stay here."

   "What?"

   "Me and Cat are going after Sarah and Pope has the cross," John B explains.

   "Yeah let's go get it-"

   "If you go out there, there's 100% probability that you're gonna do something stupid," I shrug.

   JJ glares at me, "you-"

   "She's right JJ-"

   "Dude I'm a field player!"

   "If we go out there, and we get in a bind. We need somebody to look out for us. That's what we need," John B says.

   JJ hangs his head, "okay- okay I get it. I'll be on the B team."

   "I never said B team-"

   "Are you calling me B team?" Kie pipes in.

   "Didn't mean to offend you."

   "Did B team not just find our way out or?"

   "Look, just hang back, hold down the fort."

   "Looking forward to it."

   "I'll babysit."

   "You guys have fun!" JJ's eyes meet mine, "it's your funeral."

   I scoff, sticking my head out the window again. I slide myself out, top half first then letting my legs drop down behind me. I wait for the boys to join my side as I pull on my shirt again, looking around for workers.

    "Alright let's go."

   I follow John B and Pope as we duck and weave our way around the ship. We make it into a cabin, hearing voices down the hall. This seems like a bad idea.

   At the sound of someone nearing, me and John B duck down the stairs, Pope running the other way down the hall. I follow him up into a room where reggae is playing and some men are talking.

   John B motions for me to stay put as he goes around the corner. He grabs a lighter, holding it up to the fire alarm until the lights go red and the alarm sounds.

   He waves me over to him and we duck into a room as a man comes up the steps to investigate. He mumbles something about shitty cooks before going down the hall into what must be the kitchen.

   We take this opportunity to run back down the steps, John B grabbing the fire ax off the wall. Hate to say it but JJ was right, the armory was exactly where he said it'd be.

   John B uses the ax to bust the lock, pulling open the locker. He stares at the weapons wide eyed for a second, hesitating.

   I push past him, "John B we're on a timer!"