thirty one.

Tears well in my eyes.

   However before I can throw myself at John B I'm reminded of the situation we're in by the shouting coming from the alleyway. "Get in, get in, get in!"

   I quickly slide myself onto the carriage seat beside Sarah, immediately wrapping my arms around her. "You have no idea how much I missed you."

   She smiles at me before turning to John B, "pedal faster!"

   Pope stumbles as he pushes the cart behind us.

   "Pope get up!"

   He just barely makes it to grab Kie's hand, the girl pulling him to her. JJ hops on the cart beside me, flipping off the angry group that was chasing us.

   "See you later asshole!"

* * *

   I sit between JJ and John B, my head resting on the brunette's shoulder. He's talking to Pope about Kiara but I don't even mind.

   I can't wipe the grin off my face.

   It feels like all is right in the world.

   I have my friends back, I have my family back. Now all we have to do is clear John B's name and we get the gold. Should be easy enough.

   "What y'all talking about?"

   I look up at Sarah and Kie, the girls both holding watermelon. Thank all that is holy.

   "Fishing," John B lies.

   Kie grins, "we got breakfast."

* * *

   I sit next to Sarah in the hot tub laughing uncontrollably as I listen to Pope rap about something that makes absolutely no sense.

   JJ tosses me a beer, taking a seat on the other side of me as he hooks an arm over my shoulder. He whispers to me, "how much that I can beat Pope in a wrestling match?"

   I scoff, "zero."

   "Alrighty Pope!" JJ hops out, splashing hot water everywhere. He and Pope square up on the grass and I laugh as Pope takes him down, drumming on his chest.

   Pope throws his hands in the air, "I'm done! I'm outta here!"

   Kie catches my eye as she slowly stands from her seat "really?"

   Sarah laughs, "seriously Kie?!"

   "Way to be discreet!"

   John B shakes his head, "I leave and this is what happens. Your boy's out, beer time."

   John B stands to walk away and JJ scoffs, "you guys are the ones that died!"

   I laugh, "yeah that's totally unfair!"

   Sarah points at me, "you guys had one job. No pogue on pogue macking!"

   JJ laughs, "really Sarah? Whoever got you the phantom? Think of that!"

   I grin and shake my head at them, making my way over to where John B is standing by the cooler. I grab my own beer, following his eyes to the tree with his name carved in it.

   He blinks back his tears, "cute art project."

   I smile, "yeah totally killed the tree though."

   He chuckles, turning to look at me.

   My smile slowly fades being replaced by pursed lips as tears of my own fill my eyes. I shake my head, "I really really missed you guys."