fifty six.

I look between JJ and John B, "walk me through it one more time."

   "Okay, right there," John B puts a finger on the map JJ's holding, "that's where they're taking him, that's the site of the idol."

   I narrow my eyes, "you just pointed to South America, you know that right?"

   John B nods, "yup."

   I nod, we're fucked.

   JJ looks at him in disbelief, "that's all you know? So we're just going to South America-"

   "That's why we're going to the professor's house!" John B explains, "he was at the site!"

   "Woah woah woah!" JJ holds up a hand, "we're going to a house with a dead body in it right now that's where we're going?!"

   "Yes-"

   "And if the cops show up, you know what that makes us look like?"

   "Yes."

   "Okay! Just making sure."

   I sit back in my seat, blowing out a heavy breath, "let's make this quick."

   It's only a few minutes later that we're unloading from the car and sneaking around to the backdoor of the house. John B pushes it open, leading us inside.

   "His body's gone."

   I peer over John B's shoulder, "what?"

   "It's gone, Sowell was right here."

   "And Sowell is?" JJ raises a brow.

   "The professor."

   JJ nods, "yeah I know what happened, they've already been here. They sent in the sweepers and now probably decontaminated this entire room. There's probably nothing left! We should-"

   I slap his arm, "shut up." My eyes flit back to John B, "what're we looking for exactly?"

   "Anything that has to do with an archaeological dig."

   "Thanks John B," JJ rolls his eyes, "that really narrows it down."

   I grab JJ, pinching his arm as I drag him into the next room. I let go of him, placing my hands on my hips, "what is wrong with you?"

   JJ frowns, "this is pointless, he's out of his mind."

   "JJ!"

   "We should've made him sleep it off, then maybe we could still be in bed," his hands grip at my sides, "I need to be relaxed if we're going to figure out a plan."

   I look up at him, frustrated, "this is the plan. And right now you're not being helpful."

   He nods, pulling his hands away, "the plan is to lurk around a dead guy's house, got it."

   I watch as JJ pulls open the fridge, stuffing his face with whatever isn't molded. I roll my eyes and lean back against the wall.

   "JJ! Cat!"

   John B enters the room, scoffing upon the sight of JJ stuffing his face, "what is it? Snack time? What're you doing?"

   I shake my head, "ignore him, what is it?"

   John B holds up a newspaper scrap, "local expedition team departs for South America."

   "One of these guys is Sowell?" I narrow my eyes.

   "Holy shit."

   "What?"

   "Neville, the last thing Sowell said to me was Neville."