fifty.

"I told you we just had to work together" Rafe grins at me.

   Kie doesn't respond and I give him a simple smile and nod. Rafe seems thrilled to not only have escaped but to now be on semi-better terms with me, "I'm headed out to my boat okay, I can give you a ride and drop you wherever, somewhere safe. One thing though, look at me."

   I force my eye's back up to his.

   "I know your friends and our sister are on the island. I'm not helping them, okay? I can't trust them. I'll help you two out but not them, alright?" He scans my face for what I'm thinking.

   Before I can open my mouth to object, Kie finally says something, "I just wanna get off the island."

   I turn to her, my eyes wide. We can't just leave our friends.

   Kie whispers, "trust me"

* * *

   Finally the truck stops, somewhere in town by the coast, we can see the water. I've never really been motion sick before but god I wanna throw up.

   Rafe holds out his hand, "come on, my boat's down here."

   He stands there for a minute before pulling his hand away and starting down the path. It's just then I realize he was waiting for me to grab it. I guess somewhere in Rafe's mind the past three hours have made up for everything he put Sarah and my friends through.

   I follow behind him and Kie to a white mini-yacht. Rafe climbs aboard first, "make sure your shoes are off."

   I almost roll my eyes but still pull my shoes from my feet anyway. Rafe begins untying the boat from the harbor, yammering on about gas and making it to Saint something but I'm distracted by my feet still planted on the dock.

   Rafe looks down at me, "Lia what're you doing?"

   I look up at him, "Is this serious? No bad intentions?"

   "Lia- what-" his face softens, "I just wanna do you a solid, you're my baby sister. I'm gonna take you somewhere safe, away from Singh. Now can you please help me with the bowline?"

   The sternness of his last sentence reminds me of when we were younger and he would boss me and Sarah around. I climb onto the boat, starting over to the last bowline. Out of the corner of my eye I see Kie behind me.

   "She can't get it! We need some help!"

   I turn to her, "what're you-"

   She holds a hand up to me and I go quiet. Rafe comes over, muttering to himself as he climbs over the railing. Just as he kneels to untie it Kie shoves him overboard.

   My jaw drops.

   "Cat! Untie the line quick!"

   I stare in shock at Rafe in the water as my hands work the knot till it falls loose. For some reason I can't help the guilt racking me.

   "Lia! What're you doing?!"

   "I-I'm sorry!" I watch as we get further away, until Rafe is just a small speck in the water.

* * *

   I look through the tinted window of the boat, anxiously waiting to see any of my friends' faces. At the sight of a sun tanned blonde boy in a fisherman's hat my face breaks into a grin.

   "Kie it's him," I jump up, running towards the dock. I nearly stumble onto the concrete, the biggest grin on my face as I watch JJ slowly turn. He slowly removes his hat, his signature grin lost as he just stares at me in awe.