forty eight.

"Take them to the orinoco room."

   "Let's go," a man grabs my arm, pulling me over to the stairs. I let him drag me as I look around the mansion in awe. There's artifacts everywhere and I'm willing to bet they're a lot more expensive than the things in my home.

   Whoever lives here, it isn't Ward.

   I'm shoved into Kiara's back and we stumble into a bedroom. I turn to the man who brought us here, "what're we doing here?"

   He ignores my question, "dinner's at eight, get cleaned up."

   With that he shuts the door and locks it.

   I sigh, taking a seat on the bed as I rake my hands through my hair. Throughout this entire venture I've barely had a moment to think about JJ, our friends. Did they get away? Where are they?

   Kiara paces, searching the room for i don't know what. She opens all the windows, looks through the chest of drawers before stopping on the closet.

   "Check this out."

   I sigh and stand, walking over to her. On one side of the closet are five red dresses in different sizes and on the other side are five pale green ones. There's a note attached to one of the hangers.

   Pick your size.

* * *

   Being able to take a shower is amazing, even if it is only because you were kidnapped. I smell my hair and smile, it doesn't smell like ocean. Don't get me wrong, I love the smell but it gets a little sickening after a while.

   I look in the mirror and tuck my now chin length hair behind my ears. I don't know if I even remember what I looked like sophomore year.

   At the sound of knocking on the door I peek my head out from the bathroom, Kiara now sitting up on the bed. The woman who met us at the door earlier, a maid I'm assuming based on her outfit, is standing there.

   "He's ready."

   I smooth out my dress before going to follow them down the steps. The woman leads us to a room with a man in it, his back to us.

   Kie clears her throat, "excuse me?"

   He turns and my jaw nearly touches the floor.

   What on earth is Rafe doing here?

   My momentary lapse seems to have no effect on Kie as she takes a step forward, "I knew you and Ward were behind this shit."

   "What are you talking about? You trying to weasel in on my deal?"

   "What?"

   "I wondered if your little reunion would cause a fight," a voice comes from the other side of the room, snapping me from my trance.

   I turn to see a short statured man in a suit smiling at us. Rafe narrows his eyes at him, "who are you?"

   "Me? I'm Carlos Singh," he tucks his hands into his pockets, "it's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Cameron. And you two, Ms. Carrera and Ms. Cameron, I do apologize for the rough tactics in bringing you here."

   He smiles, "please, come. Sit down."

   Nobody moves.

   "Come, I don't bite."

   Rafe's eyes find mine before I look away, striding into the room. I take a seat beside Kie and begin fiddling with the bracelets on my wrists.

   "Rough tactics? What rough tactics?"