Asthma

The sound of sirens startled you. "Fuck. We need to go." JJ grabbed your hand and dragged you away. With his help, you jumped over the stone wall around the Cameron house. A second after your feet hit the ground, JJ followed. In the distance, you saw a police car heading toward you. "This way." JJ grabbed your hand again en started running, dragging you with him.

You and JJ tried to break into the Cameron house to find information about where the gold was. But before you could even look into the house, your best friend Shoupe showed up.

JJ, being an expert at running away from the cops, knew exactly what to do. He helped you run into streets and gardens and helped you jump over fences. It was like everything went perfectly.

But there was one thing he didn't know and it was absolutely inconvenient right now. You had asthma. Which means that your lungs couldn't handle all this running and jumping. You haven't told anyone, probably out of shame. But right now, you couldn't handle it anymore.

"JJ.." you let out, your breathing rising. However, JJ didn't notice. He was too caught up being busy trying to avoid the cops. While you couldn't even see them anymore.

Your legs started to give up, your breathing quickened and you felt your body getting weaker.

"JJ!" Now he turned around. "What?" He asked concerned. You tried to say something, but your breathing was too fast and hard. "Y/n?" You collapsed into him. A hand wrapped around your waist.

"Y/n what's going on?" He asked confused and worried. "My... bag.." You didn't want it, but there was no other way.

JJ immediately searched your bag and pulled out an inhaler. He looked at it confused. You snatched it out of his hand and took a puff. Instantly, you felt your body calming down a little.

JJ's hands held you up again and you leaned your body against him. "Shh, it's okay" he whispered. You took another puff and felt your chest rise and fall fast.

JJ took care of you by stroking your hair gently. After a while, you let out a deep breath. Feeling better again. "You okay?" You nodded.

"My heart won't stop pounding." Your voice starting to come back to normal again. "I know." JJ smiled. "I can feel it."

"I'm sorry. I wanted to control it, but it was just this running and jumping and I was scared the cops would find us, and I just-" you rambled, but JJ cut you off. He cupped your face.

"No, no. It's okay. Don't worry about it. It's my fault, I was a bit too excited I think." You chuckled with a smile. "It's fine."

It was quiet for a moment before JJ broke the silence. "Why haven't you told us? About your asthma. I mean, we wouldn't judge you." You looked down.

"Out of shame I guess, I didn't want anyone to find out, cause I don't want people to think I'm weak." You swallowed and avoided eye contact.

"What? It's nothing to be ashamed of. You can't do anything about it." You looked up and smiled. "And to be honest, I always liked these things." He grabbed the inhaler out of your hand and studied it carefully. "Some kid in fourth grade had this and I was always jealous of him."

You laughed. "Really?" He nodded, which made you laugh harder. JJ smiled and looked around. "And I think we lost the cops, so let's go home." You nodded.

JJ put an arm around you and together you walked away.

------

A/N

My 10th imagine! Sorry if this one is quite short. Let me know what you think of it and if you have any tips.

Bye <3