Girl Bestfriend

"I'm so excited" you said with a smile. JJ smiled too and put an arm around your waist. "Me too, baby" he replied while snatching a strawberry from the bowl.

Today you and JJ planned a day together. You've been dating for some time and were really happy together. It was a beautiful day so you decided to have a little picnic in John B's garden. He was out with Sarah all day so you finally had the place for yourself. You have baked pancakes, made two smoothies, had all sorts of fruits, bought waffles, and more delicious things. So it was going to be a perfect day.

At least that's what you thought.

Just when you two sat and started eating, JJ's phone got a text message. He looked at it but immediately sighed. "What is it?" You asked confused. He was silent and typed something. When he was finished, he put it away. "Just Taylor again."

Taylor. She was one of JJ's friends. And really only JJ's. Because the rest of the pogues hated her. JJ met her on a vacation once and when they found out they both lived in the obx, they've been friends. To him, she was nice and friendly but to the rest of the group, she was a total bitch.

Especially since you and JJ have been dating.

At first, it wasn't as bad. But after some time she became extremely jealous. She was texting him constantly, asking him where he was and with who. When she found out you two were together, she would always join and say that she happened to go there too. Almost all of your dates were ruined by her.

She would also say mean things to you when JJ couldn't hear it. Like an 'ew I would never wear that dress if I had your body' at a party. Or things such as 'I don't know what JJ sees in you'. It made you insecure, but you learned to ignore it. She was just jealous of you.

"Have you told her you're here with me?" You asked, hoping the answer was no. But unfortunately, JJ nodded. Your stomach dropped. Now she was going to come here and ruin your perfect day. "Why would you say that? Can't we have one day for ourselves?" JJ sighed. "Relax, it's not like she's gonna come here on purpose to ruin our day."

Well not to your surprise, he was wrong. Not ten minutes after that. You saw her walking around the house. "JJ baby!" She screamed excitedly with her annoying high voice. It made you roll your eyes. Also that she called him 'baby'. JJ turned around and frowned. "Taylor? What are you doing here?"

"Oh I was just on my way here. I see you two are having a picnic, I'm gonna grab a plate okay?" She walked inside the Chateau. You felt tears stung in your eyes. Another day was ruined. When she walked back outside and sat right next to JJ, almost on his lap, you decided you've had enough. So you stood up, ready to leave.

"I'm gonna go home. See you later J." And with that, you walked away.

"What? No, wait." You heard JJ say, but you continued walking, heading inside the Chateau to grab your stuff. "Baby wait." JJ followed you inside and grabbed your arm to stop you. "Why are you leaving? You were just telling me how excited you are" It frustrated you that he couldn't see why.

"Can't you see it?" He swallowed nervously but shook his head. "Every fucking time we're together she fucking joins us. We never have a date together anymore. Can't you see that she wants you? That's she's jealous and tries to get between us? And I'm sorry for telling you this, I didn't want you to know but she's always mean to me when you can't hear. Like things about how ugly I look. I'm sorry JJ. I love you with my whole heart but I can't keep pretending that I'm okay with her. I'm sorry." When you finished you let out a deep breath. Relieved that you could finally tell him this.

JJ was silent for a few moments. Processing it. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't know you were feeling this way." He embraced you in a hug. "I'm sorry for being so blind. That I couldn't see it." You pressed your face against his chest. "It's okay" you whispered.

After some time, JJ let you go and cupped your face. "But what has she been saying to you? About how you look?" You lowered your eyes. To be honest you didn't want JJ to know, cause you didn't want to be seen as the mean girlfriend. "Sometimes when you can't hear us she tells me how ugly I look in a dress or that she doesn't know what you see in me."

JJ clenched his jaw, obviously angry with her. He pressed a kiss against your head. "I'm so sorry baby, I wish I knew. I'm gonna make it up to you, alright?" You nodded. "Will you please do me a favor?" You looked up at him again.

"Will you spend de rest of the day having a picnic with your boyfriend who's gonna kick this bitchy girl out of his house?"

You couldn't help but smile. "Of course." JJ smiled too and grabbed your hand. When you walked back outside, Taylor looked confused. "I thought you left?"

"She's not going anywhere. You are. After you apologize to her."

Taylor's eyes widened. "What do you mean J?" She stood up. "Like I said. Apologize." She still didn't get it. Well, obviously she got it but played dumb in front of JJ.

"I know everything you've said to her, so you better apologize before I make you." He was really angry right now. Taylor noticed it too. "Okay, I'm sorry." JJ nodded. "Good, now get the hell out of here."

"But J baby you really want me to leave because of her?!"

"Stop calling me baby. And yes, I would like to have a date with my beautiful girlfriend. So leave, I'll let you know if I ever want to talk to you again."

She stood there for a moment, not believe it what he just said. "Ugh fine." Then she angrily walked away. You saw JJ swallow and looking down. You put your arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry."

JJ let you go and kissed you sweetly. "How about we forget about all of this and just continue our day?" You smiled and nodded. "I'd love to."

———

A/N

Thank you for reading! I'm sorry for not posting in a long time, I was really busy with school and final tests. But now my summer vacation finally started! I'm also really excited for obx season 3!!! Does anybody know when it comes out?

Bye <3