Chapter 9:

*Warning - Mild Mature Language*****{Your Pov}

*
*
*
*
{Your Pov}

It must have been about three in the morning when I woke up to light voices coming through to the room. Did I only sleep for two hours? Everything was dark except a dim light that was shining in the corner of the room. I squinted and rubbed my eyes before turning the lamp on beside me. As I looked around, I realised this was not my apartment or my bedroom.

"This is definitely not my bed" I said, to myself of course.

I had fallen asleep in Christopher's bed. Shit! What do I do? Do I get up and leave? What if he hears me? That voice must be his and then he's going to know why I left and.... FUCK!

I got out of bed and stretched, realising I was in my lingerie and went to put my top back on at least. I checked my phone which was on the nightstand and yes, like I said. Three in the morning. I might as well now stay here until the morning and then make my departure without him knowing.

As I yawned, I felt my lips being dry and needing a drink of water to wet them. I creeped over to the bedroom door. It was left a jar, so the hard part was over with I just needed to open it a bit more and go find the kitchen for the water.

As I quietly walked down the hallway, I saw the light from another room that was left opened. That is why I heard voices in there. All men voices, talking... whisper yelling at each other. I got closer, trying to hear what was being said.

"You can not seriously think they will not pay for what they did? They must be shown what it is like to be fucked with!" An angry man said.

It was hard to see what was happening or who was talking as the door was slightly opened and I didn't dare try to open it anymore, in case they heard me. It was the last thing I wanted to do.

"Mr. Evans, if I may? I suggest we send a few of our men to handle this bullshit. It is not worth your time, going over there to deal with petty matter like this one. Charles and his son will have to understand and the fury and anger that these rebels have caused will be dealt with"

That one actually sounded reasonable and calming.

"Fuck that shit! Mr. Evans... I need to see them dead. This is the last straw, I have had enough. They've came into my business acting up and now destroying the front of my house. My son and daughter are still there with my wife and me! I need you to give me the protection I have asked for and deal with this matter"

Silence went through the whole room. What was going on and why did Christopher owe this man protection?

"Mr. Barlett..." That was Christopher's voice "I can see the concern for your family in your eyes. I will send some men of mine to find out who they are and what is behind the reason of what they are doing and I shall have someone go out and deal with this matter"

I heard enough, I needed to get out of here. I took a step forward and the floorboard under me creaked. Everything in the room went silent except for the footsteps rushing over to the door. Throwing it open, I saw a tall figure literally covering my whole existence.