Chapter 48:

Warning - mature language, mention of abuse & rape, violence****{Your POV}

*
*
*
*
{Your POV}

West was driving me... us... over to Chris' house. I held my gun tightly on my lap.

"Do you know how to fire that?" he asked.

"Yes. Believe it or not, before I was captured Chris was teaching me how to defend myself" I was proud and will always be proud of that.

"I heard Vito say it to Sebastian" There was a pause, before he continued. "Mrs. Riveria... Are you sure, you want to go through with this? You have been through a lot, those bruises are still showing and no, I do not mean the ones that are new"

"West, those--" He cut me off

"I know what they really are, but let's pretend they are bruises, shall we?"

I nodded. "I am ready to end the life of a man who treated me like I was nothing. Who put me through so much pain and abused me that I can not seem to get rid of the nightmares, no matter how hard I try. I want revenge on what he has done to me. I want him to know how it feels"

"Then stay close to me and do exactly what I tell you. I may work for you, but you are new to this and I do not need my new boss dying"

"Thank you, West"

"First thing is, he has a few men with him. Not the smartest, so they are easy to kill. I do not expect you to waste your bullets, but I have spare guns in the car. I suggest you grab a few more. Secondly, he will be waiting for you in open space. Once we kill the front men, we need to get to high ground"

"Wouldn't it be better to go straight for him without wasting time on coming up with a plan?" I suggested

"Like I said, he will be waiting for you and if you go straight for him who knows what he will do"

"Then I suggest you go for higher ground and I'll attack from the bottom."

"Mrs. Riveria, I would-"

"No! I want to attack him where he can see me. You will be up high where he can't see you, so if something goes wrong you can shoot him. But I must be the one to kill him. Do you understand?"

West nodded and kept driving in silence. I know he wants to look out for me, but I can do this. I must do this.

We arrived and sure enough, Vito's car was there parked out front. Chris' door was opened and as I waited for West to stop the car, I closed my eyes to focus. Everything Vito had put me through was going to come to an end today. I had the power to end this no matter what the cost was going to be.

West got out and I followed suit. Letting my guard took the hits first and making sure the coast was clear for our attack. Gun raised to just to my eye level, I kept looking and turning my head from left to right back tracking and making sure our backs were safe as well.