Chapter 29

*Warning - Sexual Content & Mature language ahead******{Your POV}

*
*
*
*
*
{Your POV}

*FLASHBACK*

A month into my training that Chris was overlooking personally. I had admitted to him that day I wanted to learn, I wanted to kill. I didn't want to be this girl who needed others to protect, I could and will protect myself.

I must.

I was in the gym room waiting for Chris to show up, so he could start with his lessons. It was early morning and when I woke, he wasn't there. I knew for the past month that he would expect me to be up before the sun and that's exactly what I did. I looked around the room and saw the punching bag that he was hitting that night I came to him.

Where he had asked that question and I told him that it never happened. I press my palm against it and it felt warm. I don't know if I was imagining it or if Chris had already been here. Over the few weeks, he had me standing by his side while conducting meetings and had me listen closely to how he spoke and ordered his men around.

Chris had me order some of the men, to try and see how confident I was in showing them who's boss. Some of the men didn't quite take me seriously and looked to Chris, who nodded and stayed silent.

"Focus"

I was brought out of my day-dreaming and stared right at Chris who was coming out of the bathroom that was joined to the gym room. He was shirtless and I notice his tattoos all over his chest and arms, the sweat that was coming off from him. So, he must have been here already punching the bag a few times.

"Sorry, it won't happen again" I replied.

"See that it doesn't. No one will stop for you to pay attention. You need to be ready for anything at all times" Chris walked over to me. "Give me your hands"

I stretched my arms out and my hands into fists. Chris had pulled out some white tape. "Flatten your hands out"

I did what he asked and he started to tape my hands tight. Doing the right hand a few times and then the left. He threw the tape aside and then took my hips and swung me to face the bag. I let him position me the right way, My feet apart and in a fighting stands.

"I want you to punch"

He still had a firm grip on my waist and I pulled my right arm back and with my fist letting it lurch forwards, hitting the bag straight in the middle.

"again" he said.

I did this so many times, I lost count actually. All I knew, was that my arms were getting heavy and I was sweating. Literal sweat was coming of my forehead and dripping down below where my feet stood. But I was determined to do this, needing something like that was my goal and I was not going to quit.

No longer will I be that girl who needed protection, I will be the protection. I threw punches, left and right, left and right. I saw Chris walking around me through the corner of my eyes, monitoring each movement I made, how I hit the bag and told me to lift my arm up or make my legs firmer on the ground.