- 29 -

JJ's POV:

The next day we all just hung out at John B's and tried to figure out what to do. Then we took the HMS Pogue to the Cameron house as John B took off with the gun. I was scared he was going to kill Ward or doing something stupid that I would do.

Pope, Kie, and I sat in the boat that was by the dock, and Pope and Kie got into an argument. Pope was freaking out about his interview and how his parents were probably pissed that he hasn't been home in three days.

I'm happy for him with the scholarship thing, really, I am. But I wish he would shut up about it sometimes, especially at a time like this. Kie was pissed too as he was bailing. They continued to argue and I had to walk away for a second as this was reminding me of my fight with my dad. I hated when people argued.

Pope got in Kie's face saying his forensic pathology life was more important than the pogue life. I stepped in and told Pope to stop and he said no. He kept digging himself a deeper hole.

"Remember your kook year?" Pope asked Kie when he brought up Big John and how she wasn't there for it

"Dude.. Enough.." I said as I knew her kook year was something she hated herself for. She pushed Pope and he pushed back. I stepped in and separated them.

I yelled at Pope to get to the bow of the boat away from Kie. I made him go up there because I didn't want to be around him after how he was acting and I was driving the boat. Kie sat down and she was crying. We dropped Pope off and then I asked Kie, "Want me to drop you off too?"

"No.." She said with her knees to her chest

I drove back to John B's and tied the boat to the dock. Kie just sat there, crying. Last night, she took care of me, so tonight I was going to take care of her.

"Come on.." I said reaching my hand out

She took my hand and we went inside. She went to her room and shut the door before I could even ask if she was okay. I left her alone and I went to the fridge to see what there was to drink and there was nothing so I got water out of the faucet.

I could hear Kie's muffled sniffles from crying. I opened the door and she said, "Leave me alone, JJ.."

I came in, shut the door, and laid down beside her.

"I told Pope about my kook year and he used it against me.." She said crying

"He's an asshole. He's just focused on his scholarship. He'll be better in a few days." I said and Kie crashed in my arms

The next day was insane. Rafe shot Peterkin. Pope got high and suddenly wouldn't stop flirting with Kie. She was pissed at me for giving him weed.

The next thing I knew, we had to help John B and Sarah get off the island. I was going to get the keys to my dad's boat, the Phantom. Pope went to get gas.

Kie and I were at her dad's restaurant getting food and she told me that Pope said he loved her. She felt awful for telling him she didn't. Then when we were leaving, Kie's mom came and asked what we were doing. She was screaming at Kie and it made my heart race. I hated seeing Kie get in trouble.

Kie drove me home. She pulled in and I said, "Home sweet home.." with tears in my eyes

I was scared to go in. I haven't been here since the night of our huge fight.

Kie offered to come in but there was no way I was letting her near my father.

My dad was the dad I remembered. He told me he saw my mom in me. I wanted my mom so bad. He told me he loved me and I was fighting back tears. I haven't heard him say it in years.

When I came back out, I told her everything. We went to the Phantom and I told her all about the boat. Then Barry and Rafe showed up. Kie came back to me and then Barry pulled a gun on me.

Barry took me down and Rafe picked Kie up. I saw Rafe put his hand around her throat. I was helpless. Thankfully, Pope showed up.

Then my world came crashing down. We sent John B off and Kie and Pope stood there. And she kissed him. I felt awful, I couldn't watch them be together. She broke up with me and made the no pogue on pogue macking rule. Now, she's macking on my best friend.

We were later given the news that they lost John B and Sarah. Kie's parents came and they held her in their arms. Pope's parents did the same and I was alone. Of course, my dad didn't show up. Pope's dad pulled me into their hug.

Then Kie fell apart in Pope's arms. I wanted to be the one who held her while she cried. That was supposed to be me. Not only did I lose John B and Sarah. I lost Pope and I lost Kie.

I was alone and I had nobody. I don't understand how I went from cuddling with Kie and her still flirting with me to her macking Pope.

I always thought we would get back together and tell John B and Pope about us, but I guess I was wrong.