- 39 -

Kiara's POV:

"What do you have to feel guilty about? Kylie? I know it meant nothing and trust me, all is forgotten and forgiven."

"Pope is kinda right, Kie. He's going to get that damn scholarship and his stupid science job. He'll be a kook no matter what. He'll give you everything you could ever want in life. A nice house on figure eight that you'd fill with lots of your perfect smart babies. Those babies would have four grandparents who are amazing. Kie, I can't even promise you a house on the cut, let alone on figure eight."

I had tears in my eyes. JJ always thought he wasn't good enough for me and that broke my heart because he was more than I could ever ask for.

"Please stop saying that. JJ, you don't ever have to give me anything, all you have to do is love me and that will always be enough. I want to go on the surf trip with you. I don't want a house on figure eight with Pope's kids. I just want you.."

JJ was crying and he was trying to hide it. I smiled and I kissed him. I fell asleep in his arms. When I woke up, JJ was already awake.

"Good morning, princess.." He said as he always used to tease me with that name

"Good morning Jackass Jerk.." I joked back and he laughed

"That was clever..." He said as we got up

Our clothes were soaking wet. We hung them in the sun and went skinny dipping in the water.

We made out under the waterfall for a bit and then we just hung out, waiting for our clothes to dry. We put our swimsuits on and my shirt and pants were still all wet but JJ's shirt was dry, so I wore that back.

We came out from the trees and saw the four of them sitting around the fire. JJ was still holding my hand and Sarah smiled at me.

"So what did you guys get married" She teased

"Oh, we got married, bought a house, had a couple of kids. You know, the usual." I teased right back

"Kiara, JJ, can I talk to you guys?" Pope asked

"Yeah.." JJ said

"Screw it, everyone already knows so there's no point in secret-keeping. I'm sorry for what I said yesterday. I just hate that the whole time I was in love with you, Kie, you were in love with JJ. Man, I didn't mean what I said. I can see you love Kiara. Please just take good care of her because if you hurt her, I'll kill you.."

John B added, "So will I."

"Not before I do.." Sarah added

"Relax guys, I'll never let her get away again." JJ said kissing me

Then I hugged Pope and JJ did the handshake with him.

"So, are you and Cleo macking?" I asked

"Yeah.." He said with the biggest smile

"Congrats, dude!" JJ said

We sat by everyone and we were coming up with a getaway plan. We were leaving tomorrow morning. Part of me never wanted to leave and part of my wanted to get home.

We spent our last day having fun in the water and we sat up talking around the fire. We got up early the next day and loaded everything into the raft and we were headed out into the ocean. We were on the raft for a few hours in the middle of nowhere.

We stopped for a minute and JJ looked at me and around the ocean.

"Guys, I hate to say it, but we aren't going to make it anywhere before it gets dark. I think we should turn back."

"No, we need to get home.." John B said

"JJ's right... It's too dangerous.."Pope said

We turned back and got to the island with no gas left. We pulled the raft up into the woods and we caught fish for dinner.

"So we're really stuck here, huh?" Sarah asked me

"Looks like it.." Pope said

I looked at JJ and he hugged me and whispered, "Don't worry, Kie. I'll get you off this island.."

"Aww.." Sarah said as JJ held me in his arms

"Shut up.." JJ said back to her joking

"So what now?" I asked the group

"Let's go hike up the mountain and get all the brush. We can lay it on the beach and start an SOS fire." Cleo stated taking charge

"I'll hike the mountain with JJ and John B." Cleo directed

"I'm staying here to watch after Kie." JJ said disagreeing with her plan

"No, we need you up there." Cleo spoke up

"Take your boyfriend, Pope up there. There is no way in hell I am leaving Kie again."

"I'll be okay.." I said reassuring him as they weren't going without him

He kissed me and said, "I'll be back as soon as possible."

"Hey! JJ, be careful.." I said in a teasing voice

JJ realized what I was doing and he said, "I'll be so careful"

We were making fun of John B and he laughed and said, "I hate you guys."

The three set off and headed into the woods to climb the mountain. Sarah got up and went to get a watermelon for us.

"So how have things been going with JJ?" Pope asked starting a conversation

This reminded me of when JJ asked about Pope.

"Things have been really good considering we are stranded here."

"Do you think he's the one?" Pope asked which caused me to pause

"Yeah... He's always been the one.." I said smiling like an idiot

"Were you in love with him when you kissed me?"

"Yes, but I didn't know I was at the time. I liked you and cared about you a lot. It wasn't until the day that the twinkie was sinking that I realized I still loved him. I never meant to hurt you."

"I know that. I'm happy for both of you. It just makes things a little complicated."

"It doesn't have to be complicated. We are all best friends. Plus, you and Cleo seem happy."

"Yeah, she's great. I can't believe how well we get along."

Sarah came back and the three of us shared the watermelon. They were both drilling me with questions about my relationship and JJ.

Hours had passed by and they still weren't back. All three of us were getting worried. The sun had set and it was dark. Cleo showed up without John B and JJ.

"Where's John B?" Sarah asked

"And JJ?" I added to Sarah's question

Cleo looked over at Pope and then back at us. What the hell happened?