- 51 -

Kiara's POV:

JJ and I just broke up, again. After everything, we've been through. I left the Wreck and I went home and went to bed. I woke up to a bunch of texts and missed calls from Pope and John B. Apparently, JJ was gone. Fuck.

I got up and got dressed and went to go talk to them. I told the he broke up with me last night and that he probably left on his surf trip. I was crying and Sarah hugged me and said, "I'm so sorry"

John B hugged me next and Pope just looked at me and said, "I told you that he would just hurt you."

"Fuck you, Pope!" I screamed as I left in my car

I drove to JJ's and I went inside and his clothes were gone. I laid in his bed as it still smelled like him and I cried. I spent all day in his bed and sent him about 100 texts. He wasn't going to respond. I spent the night alone in JJ's house, hoping he would show up.

I went home the next day and my mom could tell there was something wrong. I started crying and said, "You got your wish, JJ and I aren't together anymore. He's gone."

I stormed off to my room and my mom followed me. She hugged me and said, "Kiara, I just wanted you happy. I'm so sorry, I know how much you loved each other."

She left me and I laid in bed, missing JJ. Three days later, Ben came over and said he heard about the breakup and we hung out. 

I left for school in a month and over the month, I was busy packing and hanging out with the pogues. Things weren't the same without JJ here. Everyone was going their separate ways. Tonight we had a small party as everyone was leaving in the next few days.

Sarah invited Ben for me. I looked around at John B and Sarah and then Pope and Cleo and they all looked so happy. I just wanted JJ. I got up and walked out to the dock and I called JJ. I left him a long message.

"Hi, it's me again and I miss you so fucking much. Tonight is the last night the pogues are together and Sarah invited Ben for me. I don't want Ben, I want you. I've been sitting on the dock, alone all night because I want you. I love you, J. Please come home or at least call me back so I know you are okay. I'm worried about you."

I was cut off because it said his voicemailbox was full. I was crying and I got up and said goodbye to all the pogues and then I went to JJ's. I had a small breakdown before I fell asleep.

A few days later, Sarah and I were moving into our dorm room. I had been hanging out with Ben. He was a great guy, but I still loved JJ. Classes started and I was literally just going through the motions. It has been forever since we've been home, but Sarah and I were flying home for Thanksgiving.

My parents picked us up and then dropped Sarah off at John B's and took me home. Later that night, I went over to John B's and saw Pope and Cleo were there.

"Has anyone heard from JJ?" I asked

No one had heard from him since graduation. We had a fun night and the next day, I was having Thanksgiving with my family.

"Kiara, what are you thankful for this year?" My bitchy aunt asked

"Wait, let me guess, you're thankful that screwed up boy from the cut is out of your life." She said 

I sat there, frozen. I could feel my eyes filling with tears and I said, "Fuck you, I love JJ and I would give anything to be with him right now."

I left my house and went to John B's to hang out with him and Sarah. The next day, Sarah and I were back on a plane to California. We finals in two weeks and those two weeks went by so slow. I had finished my finals and I was driving back home with Sarah. The car was full of everything in our dorm. She was going to a school back home and I was dropping out. I hated myself for picking school over a surf trip with JJ.

We drove for three days before we finally arrived home. We got home in the afternoon and Sarah helped me unpack while my parens were at work as they didn't know that I wasn't going back after break. We were unpacked and we stopped by the Wreck and saw my parents. We told them we were spending the night with John B, Pope, and Cleo. 

It was cold and snowy outside so we were all hanging inside. I was doing much better without JJ, but my heart would always ache for him. We had played card games, truth or dare, and would you rather. We were all sititng there just talking about our lives. John B talked about his police schooling, Pope about all his fancy science classes, Sarah and I about Cali, and Cleo about her job.

We were all laughing and suddenly, everyone looked at the door. They looked like they were staring at a ghost. John B looked the most shocked. I slowly turned towards the door to see what they were all looking at. Then, I saw him and our eyes locked. I got up and walked across the room to him. Everyone expected me to scream at him.

"Kie, I am so sorry..." He said as I walked past him and grabbed his arm to pull him outside with me

Once he was following me, I kept walking out to the dock. I stopped and turned around and looked into his eyes. He totally expected me to scream at him or slap him or something. I could tell. I was going to yell at him later, but right now I just wanted him.

I leaned in and kissed him. He didn't hesitate to kiss me back. We were making out and he picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him as we made out for like two minutes on the dock. Our kiss broke, but I stayed in his arms just holding him. I was now crying and I said, "I've missed you so fucking much"

"I've missed you too..."

"We can talk about everything later..." I said kissing him again

After a few seconds, he broke the kiss and asked, "You're not seeing anyone else right? Not Ben?"

"Hell no, are you?"

"Yeah, actually I am..." He said as I took a step back and looked at him