- 57 -

Kiara's POV:

I laid in bed and I couldn't sleep and so I got up and I packed a bag. I woke Sarah and John B up and told them what happened. I asked Sarah if I could borrow one of her boats and I needed John B and Sarah to take me somewhere.

I gave them directions to JJ's island and of course, the HMS pogue was there. I got out and Sarah asked, "Want us to wait?"

"No, I'm okay... Thank you.." I said getting out as they left me alone

I walked over to the hammock where I saw JJ's body laying.

"J, it's me..." I said quiet but loud enough for him to hear me

He rolled over and he looked at me. His face was puffy from crying and I put my bag down and I crawled into the hammock with him and just held him in my arms.

"I'm sorry it took me so long to get here. Are you okay?" I asked holding him

"You should go, Kie. I don't ever want to leave this island." He said coldly

"I'm not going to leave you, not right now or ever. Because I want to be your wife and I will promise you for better or for worse forever. You have every right to feel like shit right now. I don't care about the country club canceling, I don't care where we get married, but I want to marry you.. Your dad is a fucking asshole, we know that and we can move out to this island and never see him again."

"What about Adam?" He asked pissed

"It was after we broke up. I was pissed at you and I went to Adam's house and I kissed him. It was super short and very impulsive. He wasn't interested because he knew I was still in love with you and I paniced and told him I loved you and that is still true. I love you, I don't care about Adam and his kook life. I don't want it. I want you." I said kissing him

He kissed me back and he said, "I want you too, but I think this is a sign from the universe that you marrying me isn't meant to be. Goodnight, Kie."

He rolled back over and I laid next to him and fell asleep. When I woke up in the morning, JJ was gone but the boat was still here. I knew he'd never leave me here alone on the island. I got up and a few minutes later, I heard noises so I walked back into the woods and I saw JJ. He was shirtless, super sweaty, and he was chopping down trees with an ax.

"Good morning," I said

"Kie, just go back to our spot and leave me alone."

He was doing this out of anger. He was releasing his stress. Usually, he'd get in a fight to do this. I walked up to him and I hugged his sweaty body and he put the ax down. He went into the ocean to clean up as he was full of tree crap and sweat.

"I love you, JJ.." I said laying my head on his shoulder

"I love you, Kie. I'm sorry for my overreaction it's just so much for me right now with my dad, my mom, my mom finding out about everything, Adam, the country club canceling, and I just don't know anymore. It's too much to think about and I'm sorry if I ever made it seem like I didn't want to get married. I do, that is all I want. I love you, Kie, and thank you for knowing me well enough and caring to come here in the middle of the night."

"I'm going to be your wife, that's my job... I love you and I want to marry you tomorrow. I really hope you still want to marry me."

"Of course, I want to marry you. We are getting married tomorrow no matter what and no matter where. It might be at the chateau and I know that isn't your perfect wedding.."

"No, all I need for my wedding to be perfect is you," I said kissing the love of my life

We were making out and he asked, "Can we stay here tonight, just you and me?"

"Always" I whispered as he pulled me back into him

We spent the whole day surfing, playing in the water like kids, and at night we sat by the fire talking.

"Kie, I'm scared to marry you." He said like he was ashamed

"Why? I'm not judging, I just want to know. If you don't want to marry me, if that's too much for you right now, we don't have to get married. I just can't lose you"

"Really? You're okay with not marrying me?" He asked shocked

"Marriage is just a legal relationship but people can still get divorced. I don't care if we get married or not. But if this is you breaking up with me, then I'm pissed."

"No, hell no. I can't lose you. I want to marry you, but I'm just scared I'll be a bad husband"

"You're an amazing boyfriend and an incredible fiance. We'll figure it out together. Besides, I can't wait to officially be Kiara Maybank." I said smiling

JJ got the biggest smile on his face and he said, "Damn, I love you"

The next morning, we left the island early and we went home to get ready for the small wedding. JJ and I went our separate ways to get ready. Sarah and Cleo had decorated the Chateau super cute with fairy lights. It was adorable. JJ was with the guys getting ready at his house and I was in the Chateau with the girls getting ready.

We had his parents, my parents, some of my extended family, a few of my parent's kook friends, and that was about it. They were all sitting down and my dad was ready to walk me down the aisle. Cleo and Sarah had already walked down and now it was my turn. I looked at my dad and he said, "Wow, my little girl is getting married to a pogue. You know, I never wanted this for you. I wanted to give you the best life possible as a kook and your mother and I always thought you'd end up with a kook, someone like Rafe Cameron, or even Topper.. But I was clearly wrong..."

I looked at my dad and I went to speak but he continued.