- 49 -

Kiara's POV:

Spring was approaching and I needed to pick between going to college and the surf trip. I haven't told anyone about this but it just blew up in my face.

We were all out on the HMS pogue and Sarah was talking about college and how we would be roommates. 

"You're going to college now?" JJ asked as he had no idea I had even applied let alone gotten accepted

"Yeah, she's going to be my roomie." Sarah smiled

JJ just nodded and I felt so guilty. How the hell was I supposed to decide.

We got back to John B's and JJ bolted off the boat. I followed him and Sarah followed me.

"What's going on, Kie?" Sarah asked

"Nothing.. I just need to talk to JJ, alone." I said pissed that she told him when she said she would keep it a secret

"What's going on is she didn't tell me she was going to college" JJ said telling Sarah

"Oh... Sorry.." She said guilty looking at me

"I don't know what I'm doing. I can't pick between college with my best friend or a surf trip with my boyfriend." I said crying

JJ and Sarah looked at each other having no idea they both had plans with me. I got up and went home and the two of them were talking. I walked inside and went right to my room. I laid in bed and started crying. I wanted college with Sarah and I wanted a surf trip with JJ. I laid in bed all night, tossing and turning because I didn't want to make a decision.

I got up the next day and went to school alone. I didn't want to see JJ or Sarah, but of course, JJ skipped school and Sarah came and apologized again. After school, I went to JJ's and he was packing bags.

"What are you doing?" I asked crying

"I'm leaving now, you're going to go to school with Sarah. You'd be stupid not to. It's not like graduating high school will do anything for me so I'm going on the surf trip and I'm leaving tomorrow."

"JJ, I don't know what I'm doing but there's still time to decide. You can't just leave and not graduate high school. Please don't leave..."

"Do you really think I'm that stupid?" He asked 

"What?" 

"I'm unpacking the bag of shit I used to keep at John B's." He said

I was so relieved. I walked up to him and I hugged him and said, "Fuck you.." as I cried into his chest

He kissed the top of my head and said, "I'm sorry... But the thought has crossed my mind."

"What if we go on the surf trip for three months in the summer and then I go with Sarah to school?"

"I'm going on a surf trip no matter what. When I leave doesn't matter. You make up your mind on what you want to do." He said as we broke apart

"I wanna do you.." I said as a total joke and JJ started laughing

He kissed me and took off my shirt. I went with it and I just wanted to live in this moment forever, where nothing else mattered. We were laying in bed together when there was a knock on the door.

I looked at JJ confused as who it might be. He got up and put his pants on and walked to the door and said, "I'll be right back"

I heard him talking and it wasn't something stupid like John B coming over. I threw on JJ's t-shirt and wrapped up in a blanket and went to the front door. There stood Rafe Cameron.