- 54 -

A.N. - I have two new books! Please go check them out! They are both Jiara stories

1. Five Years Later

2. Jiara One Shots

JJ's POV:

My mom seemed to be enjoying herself. It was all going great until she brought my dad.

"You know, your father stopped by a while ago. He's on some adventure." She said cautiously approaching the topic

"Yeah?" I asked

"Yeah, he stopped by on the boat you got for him and we spent a few days together. How have you been since he left? I still can't believe that he just left you in OBX."

"I was totally fine, he wanted to go and it was best. I had the pogues and Kie with me. I was well taken care of."

"I'm sure you were..." She said smiling at Kie

She told me about why she left to run the resort and how she knew I would be in great hands with my father which is why she left. The father she talked about is not the same one that I remember. I couldn't tell her about what happened in the years after she was gone. She was already so heartbroken that she left.

I found out that she is re-married and that I have two-step siblings. I was going to meet them tomorrow and I was so freaking nervous. Kie stayed quiet most of the night. I knew she was going to be pissed at me for not telling my mom. 

After dinner, we were back in our hotel room and Kie got in the shower without saying a word to me. I went and took a shower and by the time I got out, Kie was already in bed and sleeping. I don't think she was actually sleeping, she was just pretending to avoid talking to me. I laid in bed next to her and to my surprise, she rolled over and looked at me.

"You don't have to pretend that what he did to you didn't happen. Your mom is an adult and she can handle the truth. She deserves the truth."

"I just can't break her heart. Did you hear her talk about him? She believed that leaving me with him was the best decision ever because he was so amazing to me. It's just easier this way that no one knows. He's gone now, Kie. My mom has her perfectly happy life here, no need for me to ruin it." I said shutting my eyes as I didn't want to talk about this anymore

Kie kissed my cheek and she said, "I love you, J... You are the strongest person I know."

I woke up the next morning and we were going to meet my mom's family. Her husband was very wealthy-looking. He was from Florida and moved down here right after my mom did. They had two kids, one boy who is fifteen and a daughter who is twelve. My mom took off when I was three so she didn't waste much time before moving on.

My brother's name is Dylan and my sister's name is Lily. Lily loved Kie immediately and Dylan was pretty cool. We spent the day by the water. Surfing, jet skiing, and then we were going out on a yacht from the resort.

Kie was in a beautiful white sundress and we were out on the water on a yacht. We ate lunch and Dylan and Lily kept asking questions about OBX. My mom said they would take a trip to come to visit. 

It was hot out and Dylan and I were going to jump in the water to cool off. Kie was also coming with.

"Wow, a girl who isn't scared to get in the water." My mom said smiling at Kie

"She's adventurous.." I said grabbing her hand

"This time, I'm not jumping in to save your ass." She said as we jumped into the water together

Kie eventually convinced Lily to jump with her. It was an amazing day and we were watching the sunset. I realized that this was a normal day for Dylan and Lily. We were all at the back of the boat at the table and I got up and moved to the front. A few minutes later, Kie came and sat next to me.

"Are you okay? It's been a lot all day.." 

"I'm fine, go back and have fun. You fit in here with them."

"I'm just trying to make a good impression and be nice. I love you and if you want, we can steal the jetski on this boat and get the hell away from here."

"I just want you.." I said kissing her

We were kissing and I pulled her onto my lap and started kissing her neck and she laughed and said, "We can't do this here."

"Why not?" I asked smirking

She gave in, only because she was wearing a dress. It was adventurous and risky which is what I needed right now. I know this makes me sound awful.

After Kie walked away and I felt like shit. My mom came over to me and asked, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, just taking it all in. Thanks for a fantastic day on the water." I said faking a smile

"Tomorrow, I'm taking Lily and Kie to the Spa in the morning, and then I'm going to do something in the evening with you and Dylan."

We were back in our room and we went to bed with very little talk. I still felt like a dick for what happened on the boat. Kie was gone when I got up on her girl's day with my mom. I decided to go see what Dylan was doing.