- 32 -

JJ's POV

Kie and I were fighting the guy off and the next thing I knew I was falling off the ship and everything went black. I was convinced that was it. This is how was going to die, saving Kie. I was okay with it. Kie would be fine without me. She would have Pope, John B, and Sarah. No one would miss me.

I was suddenly woken up to Kie's voice. I started coughing up a shit ton of water. I realized her arms were wrapped around me. We were on a small boat, all of us. Kie had one hand behind my head and the other on my shoulder. I looked into her eyes, shocked she was this touchy, especially since the other pogues were here and because we broke up months ago.

Her hands were on me and I could feel electricity going through me. My stomach got all knotted. I heard voices in the back like John B and Pope but I didn't listen to them. I was frozen in this moment with Kie.

I looked down at her hand on my shoulder. She still cared about me. I looked up into her eyes and she was already looking at me. Our eyes locked and the whole world froze.

"Hey.." She said in a happy and relieved voice

"Sup.." I said trying to play it off

I wanted to kiss her so bad and tell her that I was still totally in love with her. Instead, she pulled me into her arms and I felt so warm and safe. I never had a place to call home and nowhere ever felt like home until now. Kie's arms were my safe place, they were my home.

Kiara's POV:

I woke up and JJ was gone. I was frantic. When things happen in JJ's life, he tends to freak out and go off on his own.

I got up and started walking the beach. My mind was racing. Was he hurt? He got hit really hard yesterday. Was it something I said or did?

I searched for about thirty minutes and nothing. I went back to the group and woke them up telling them that JJ was gone. John B said, "Well he didn't take the lifeboat, so that's a good sign"

"We need to go look for him. Who knows what's out there." Sarah said concerned

"Okay, just be careful everyone. We don't know this island well." John B said

"We should go in pairs so we don't get lost. I'll go with John B in the woods and to the West" Pope suggested

"I'll go with my girl, Sarah around the beach and on the East" Cleo states

"Alright, then Kie you stay here in case he comes back. We'll meet back here before sunset." John B said

They all went off to look for JJ. I sat there, writing his name in the sand. I got coconuts and berries for lunch.  I went in the water and cleaned all the sand off my body along with JJ's blood from his head.

It took centuries before they came back and JJ wasn't with them.

"We didn't see him or any trace of him.." Pope said looking down

I started crying. I lost it. I tried to hold it in, but he was missing. John B hugged me and said, "Don't worry, Kie. He's okay and he will come back.."

"We just don't know the island. Who knows where he is or what happened. He could be dead.." I said worried

"It's JJ that we are talking about. He could survive on his own on this island forever." Pope said reassuring me

Cleo and Sarah came back with no luck. We ate crab that John B got for dinner and I thought about JJ.

Sarah came and sat by me and said, "When we were in the Bahamas, John B took off in the middle of the night too. I had no idea where he went and no communication with him. He went to my family's house to try and get the gold. But he was okay. We found our way back to each other. JJ will come back, especially for you. He's always had a soft spot for you, Kie."