my druthers (rc)

Rafe had been begging Ward to let him take you out on the boat. He had driven it endless times with his dad on board but never alone, which had Ward uneasy.

"I can't believe I'm saying this. Yes you can but if anything happens-" Rafe shook his head cutting him off, "Nothing will happen I will be super careful!" Ward let out a sigh before handing over the keys.

Rafe smiled like a little kid on Christmas as Ward patted him on the back with a firmness and the glare of a parent. "Thank you dad." Rafe said sincerely, which felt weird to him. Ward smiled and nodded, "You're welcome kid."

Rafe had special plans for the boat, with the help of Sarah of course. He wanted to show you how much he loved you, he felt like he could never express it enough in words.

Rafe: Good news... BOAT DAY BABY

Y/N: YAY! I'll be over soon :)

He packed up some food and drinks into the cooler and made sure he had all the necessities. You walked into the house and found Rafe in the kitchen. You were fully prepared, bikini already on with a pair of denim shorts and sunglasses on your head.

He smiled as soon as he saw you, looking you up and down. "Hi there captain" You joked with him putting your hand up to salute. "Ha ha very funny baby, ready?" You raised yourself on your tippy toes and planted a quick kiss on his lips.

"Yep!" Even though he protested a million times, you helped him carry the stuff down to the dock, then load it on. "Okay I've got the rest, go ahead up." Rafe bit his lip smacking your butt before turning away, "hey!" You laughed.

"Can't help it!" He sarcastically shrugged his shoulders walking backwards on the dock. You just shook your head before climbing the stairs.

You laid out your towel, shimmied off your shorts and kicked off your shoes. You bent down and laid on your back, bringing your sunglasses from off your head to rest on your face. You let out a sigh feeling the North Carolina sun on your face.

Nothing felt as good as this. There was a gentle breeze which made sure you never got too hot. You could've fallen asleep right there.

You heard Rafe jogging up the stairs, speaker in hand with music blaring. "I see someone has gotten comfortable." Rafe set the speaker down on the chair, bending down to place his hands on either side of your head.

He lifted your glasses up, his body blocking the rays. His smile made your heart melt, his blue eyes sparkling in the light. He leaned down and pressed a sweet kiss into your lips. "God you look hot."

You couldn't help but smile as he winked and lifted himself up, walking over to turn the boat on. The wind felt amazing as you sailed through the blue waters. You could watch him all day, his subtle look of concentration, looking back at you once in a while.

"Go ahead and get a drink." He nodded his head towards the cooler. You opened it to see he had packed your favorite seltzers. You grabbed one and grabbed a beer for him, placing it in the cup holder next to him.

You walked behind his seat, wrapping your arms around his bare torso, and resting your chin in the nape of his neck. "I could get used to this." You smile placing a kiss on his throat. "Me too baby." He looked up at you for a brief second.

After driving around for a while he decided to put down the anchor in a nice spot so you could both jump in. He of course had to show off and do a backflip into the water. He swam around while you hung onto him like a koala.

The sun was slowly starting to set, casting beautiful pink and orange streaks across the sky. It was time for Rafe's special plan. "Wanna head back in?" He turned to look up at you, rubbing his hands up and down your arms.

You nodded as he swam to the edge of the boat helping you up before lifting himself up. You dried off and Rafe let you put on his t shirt over your swimsuit.

"Okay I wanna show you something but I need you to close your eyes." He did his best to hide his smile. "Is this when you kill me and dump me overboard?" You joked causing him to roll his eyes and grab your shoulders.

"Just close them idiot." You both laughed as you brought your hands up to cover your eyes. He led you in front of him holding your shoulders. He would keep whispering when to watch your step or make sure you don't run into a door.

He led you down to the room on the first deck, and grabbed your hands to remove them from your eyes. You gasped as your eyes adjusted to the light again.

There were fairy string lights hung up on the ceiling.
A make shift fort with tons of blankets and pillows in the middle of the floor. A bouquet of your favorite flowers set down in the middle. And in the small half kitchen there was a tray filled with ingredients for s'mores.

You turned around and looked up at his face. He was smiling but you could see the apprehensiveness in his eyes, gauging your reaction. "You did this for me?" You asked trying to control your emotions.

"Sarah helped me... but yeah. I want to show you how much I care about you." He brought his hand to the back of your neck, rubbing his fingers in your hair slightly. You could feel a lump in your throat forming.

You wrapped your hands around his waist, resting the side of your face on him. "It's beautiful I love it." You stood there for a moment, embracing the boy you had fallen so hard for. Rafe always had this horrible reputation but you knew he was different, you just had to prove it to him.

"You're amazing Rafe. You're gentle, kind, loving, and so damn thoughtful." He kissed the top of your head. "You're the best thing that ever happened to me Y/N, I want to make sure you know it."

"Oh I know it Rafe Cameron." You moved to place your chin on his chest, and he met you halfway in a kiss. You pulled him down onto the floor and cozied up in the fort. The rest of the night spend laughing and kissing, having no worries in the world.

As long as you had your boy and he had you, nothing would ever come between that.