sweetest (rc)

requested 💗💗
also imma need mercury to get the fuck outta retrograde!!

Living alone had its perks. You could wear a big t-shirt and no pants, dance around to whatever music you wanted, and if you happen to have a cookie craving at nearly midnight, you could do something about it!

This is exactly where you were right now. You sung along to the music as you grabbed the ingredients you needed. You gathered them all together and pulled up your recipe. Right as you were pouring in the flour someone knocked at your door.

Again living alone has it's perks, but when you're a woman living by yourself and someone knocks on your door at 11:30, you can't help but get scared. You quickly paused your music and tip toed to the door.

You placed your hands flat on the door and squinted to look through the peep-hole. Your shoulders relaxed seeing the tall figure and hair. You knew Rafe like the back of your hand.

You unlocked the door and opened it with a smile, "Rafe what are you doing here so late?" Your tone was concerned and not annoyed in the slightest. He lifted his head and you finally saw his face.

His cheeks were red and stained with tears, as more spilled out. He was breathing heavily and clearly struggling to speak. "Come here." You didn't hesitate to pull him inside and into a hug. "I got you."

You raised up on your toes to wrap your arms around his shoulders, he gripped your waist tightly as he nuzzled his head into the crook of your neck. "What happened?" You asked, running one hand through the hair at the nape of his neck.

"I- I can't, breathe." He stuttered out, chest rising and falling rapidly. Without letting go, you guided him over to your couch, sitting down and grabbing his face in your hands. "Look at me. I'm right here with you okay?"

You placed your hand on his chest to feel it beating terribly fast. "Breathe with me." You started to take deep breaths in and out, exaggerating your movements so he could follow along. "It- It's my dad, he keeps-" He tried to get out his words but you shushed him.

"It's okay you're safe, let's just breathe first." You continued to watch as he followed your movements. You ran your thumbs along his cheeks, continuing to whisper words of encouragement.

"Good job. I'm here with you okay? Just you and me, breathe for me." As his breathing starts to slow you pulled him back to face him. You rested your head on his shoulder, and lightly rubbed his back as he continued to follow your breathing.

He let out a big breath, feeling relieved. "Thank you." He whispered into your ear, placing a sweet kiss on your cheek. A pink blush covered your face and you hoped he didn't notice the effect on you.

"Wanna tell me what happened?" You asked gently, letting him know that he didn't have to. He nodded. "My dad he uh, just puts so much pressure on me with the company and making me take over for him." You nodded to let him know you were listening.

"I just can't deal with it! It's all too much." He spoke with a sadness in his eyes. "I'm sorry Rafe that's not fair to you." He shrugged his shoulders in agreement. "But, you are the best person I know. You are smart, you are kind, determined, caring, and you have the biggest heart."

You looked deeply into his eyes, making sure he heard every word you said. "Don't let Ward or anyone, let you think differently." Your lips raised in a small smile, his face mirroring yours. "Thank you y/n/n, I couldn't do this without you."

You waved him off as if to say it was no big deal. "I'm sorry for just showing up."

"No no don't be sorry. But it is pretty late why don't you just stay here?" His heart skipped a beat and he happily agreed. You nodded once and sat up straighter. "But... I was in the middle of making cookies. Help me finish?"

He laughed as you pointed toward the kitchen hopeful. "Of course." He stood up and grabbed your hand, letting you pull him to the kitchen.

He was able to forget about all of his worries when he was with you. It was like time stopped and no one else existed. You praised him even as he did a poor job with the measurements. Knowing he made you laugh was enough to make anything better.

"Careful!" You busted into a fit of giggles as he nearly dropped the entire pan. Once it was placed into the oven you set a timer and leaned against the countertop. Rafe stood across from you, the same stance.

The music still played softly as the smell of cookies started to fill the kitchen. Rafe pushed off of the counter and held one hand out to you. You tilted your head in confusion but still placed yours in his.

He pulled you flush against his chest, resting his other arm on your back as yours snaked around his neck. He swayed with you to the music, barefoot dancing in the kitchen.

Your eyes stared into his, both of you getting lost in one another. "Thank you again. For uh- helping me and letting me stay."

"You don't have to thank me Rafe you know I'd do anything for you." He closed his eyes for a second, reeling from the fact that he had someone like you in his life. You had both leaned closer, lips ghosting over each other.

He saw the look in your eyes and he knew. He placed his hand between your collar and jaw, lightly pressing his lips to yours. You both moved in tandem and gripped each other tighter. The timer beeping caused you both to jump backwards.

You couldn't help but laugh, quickly grabbing the oven mitts. You pulled the pan out, put it on the counter, and walked right back to him. Holding his face in your hands, "where were we?" You teased, tilting your head.

He smirked, kissing you again. "Y/n you have no idea how long I've wanted to do that. I can't imagine a life without you and I never want to." You frowned at his sweet words. "You'll never have to, I'm not going anywhere."

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, still feeling nervous that he was actually asking. "Nothing would make me happier." You smiled and pulled him in for another kiss, you couldn't get enough.

Rafe was your best friend first, which made this ten times better. Your stomach growled making both of you laugh and rest your foreheads against each other. "Let's see how well we did." You both grabbed a cookie, it was still warm and was perfectly gooey in the center.

"oh my god." You mumbled through your chewing. "These are perfect!" You exclaimed, feeling proud of yourself. He agreed, finishing his in nearly two bites.

He pulled you back towards him, swaying your bodies to the music. His kiss tasted like chocolate and neither of you were worrying about anything else.