best friend's brother (rc)

WARNINGS: drinking, drug use, talk of rehab, swearing, and a tiny moment of sexual angst. Please only read if you feel comfortable with these things besties <3

To you, Rafe Cameron was just the annoying big brother of your best friend. You and Sarah had always been good friends, but got really close your senior year of high school. It was summer break now meaning everyone was back home in obx.

You were pretty much over at tanneyhill everyday, you lived on figure eight too but your family had its baggage. You didn't like to be around them much anymore and they frankly didn't seem to care.

You and Sarah sat by the pool tanning and swimming for most of the afternoon. Rafe and Kelce had joined at some point, with the sole purpose to annoy you and splash water occasionally.

"Okay kids Rose and I are on our way out- oh hello y/n good to see you!" Ward walked into the backyard fiddling with his cufflinks. "Hi Ward good to see you too!" You lifted your head up to smile at him.

Another reason Rafe couldn't stand you, you were basically another Sarah and Ward put you on the same level as her. "Rose and I are heading out for the conference we will be back on Monday. We are taking Wheezie to her friends house."

"Aye aye captain." Sarah stood up to give her dad a hug. "Don't be stupid please!" He yelled as he walked across the yard to his car. Rose was putting her bag in the trunk as she waved goodbye to everyone.

Once the sun started to go down you and Sarah decided to head in and shower off. "I'm gonna grab some water want anything?" You asked Sarah as she headed up the stairs, "yeah grab me one too! I'll go get in the shower."

Sarah continued up the stairs as you walked into the kitchen. You went to grab two glasses when you heard the back door opening. As you closed the cabinet Rafe stood next to you with his arms crossed leaning against the wall.

Not even trying to hide the fact that he was looking you up and down still in your bikini. You immediately rolled your eyes, turning around to fill up the glasses. "Can I help you with something?" You asked, your voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Just wanted to see if you and Sarah wanted anything, I'm running to the liquor store before some of the guys come over." You and Sarah had already planned for tonight and you had taken some from your house last time you were there.

"Nope all good." You flashed a fake smile as you went to pass by him through the doorway. He wrapped his hand around your arm stopping you. You hated that it made you feel something, but you could never deny his good looks.

Your faces were only inches apart, "You look good in blue." He smirked placing his finger on the strap of your shoulder. He lifted it up before letting in snap back onto your skin. You scoffed and pulled out of his grip, "perv" You stormed up the stairs to Sarah's room.

"What took so long?" She laughed as she grabbed clothes out of her dresser. "Take a guess." You gave her a look as you handed her water. She rolled her eyes, "he's literally in love with you I swear."

You didn't respond and you couldn't figure out why you were tongue tied. You were usually quick with a remark about how gross or annoying he was, but nothing came out. You let out a simple 'yeah' before heading in the bathroom.

Once showered, you and Sarah started doing your makeup. "Oh I texted John b earlier, he said he's gonna come tonight." Sarah smiled as she applied her blush. "Umm is that a good idea?" You laughed as you added another coat of mascara.

"Oh please, if Rafe tries anything I have so much blackmail I could use with my dad. He knows that he can't say anything." Sarah and John b had been going strong for a bit now and you loved seeing your best friend so happy.