christmas morning (rc)

"Mommy! Daddy! Wake up! Santa came!" You heard your sons screams getting increasingly louder as he rounded the corner to your room. You and Rafe stirred, rubbing your tired eyes and yawning.

The door was quickly open as y/s/n came barreling in as if his life depended on it. "Wake up wake up!" He yelled with a big smile on his face, jumping onto the bed and on Rafe's legs.

"Santa came?" Rafe asked rhetorically as he sat up. You on the other hand, took a bit longer to get up, needed assistance. You were entering your eighth month of pregnancy with your baby girl.

Rafe quickly looked over to you smiling, "Merry Christmas baby." You smiled and held your hands out for him. He shuffled over to your side of the bed and helped you stand. y/s/n was still jumping up and down on the bed.

"Merry Christmas." You lifted your chin and he met your lips for a kiss. "Okay well I guess we better go see what Santa brought!" You smiled looking at your son, who truly was a mini Rafe.

His eyes lit up and he carefully jumped down, feet padding down the stairs. Rafe helped you downstairs and lowered you onto the couch. You happily watched as Rafe bent down to retrieve your son's gifts.

He tore back the wrapping paper and squealed when every shiny new toy was revealed. Rafe may have gone a little overboard... or a lot. But as soon as he found of you were having a boy he knew he was gonna be spoiled. He wanted to be who he needed when he was younger.

y/s/n was very grateful though, as you always made sure to teach him the importance of appreciation. Once all of the gifts were open you attempted to stand, only for Rafe to lower you back to the couch.

You played with your son and his new remote controlled car as Rafe made breakfast. Pancakes had been the latest craving, and you sighed contently as the smell filled your senses.

After breakfast was eaten and the wrapping paper was picked up, you started to get ready to go to Tanneyhill. "Okay, dad said we can get there around 2." He smiled as he pocketed his phone.

You made a few side dishes to take before changing and rounding up your boys. "You can bring one of your toys!" You told y/s/n while grabbing your purse. He pouted his lip up at Rafe who simply held his hands up in surrender.

"You heard the boss!" You scoffed at your husbands remark. He shrugged his shoulders while kissing you on the cheek.

--

"Oh my gosh hi! Come in come in!" Rose waved you inside with the biggest smile on her face. She already had a glass of wine in her hand and you couldn't help but laugh under your breath.

Nonetheless she was the perfect host, the house was decorated beautifully. "Oh y/n it's so good to see you." Ward smiled, holding his hands out for an embrace. "Thank you for having us!"

"There's my little man!" Ward gasped seeing your son. Who proceeded to run into his grandpa's arm, making you grin. You felt Rafe's arm snake around your waist as he pulled you into his side.

You rested your head on his shoulder while watching the interaction. "You feeling alright?" He checked in, placing his other hand lightly on your stomach. "We're doing just fine." This made him smile and he nodded once in approval.

Sarah and Wheezie entered the living room, rushing over to give you a hug. "What am I chopped liver?" Rafe joked, seeing as his sisters hadn't acknowledged him. "Yeah pretty much!" Wheezie smiled sarcastically and raised her eyebrows, making you laugh.

Shortly after, John b arrived and everyone convened in the living room. Presents were exchanged as everyone enjoyed appetizers. You were snuggled up next to Rafe on the couch, watching your son run around.

Being in this moment, you felt so incredibly happy. Rafe was the perfect husband and your son was your pride and joy. Knowing your family was growing only made you happier. Of course you knew Rafe loved you, and would love your children.

But actually seeing Rafe become a dad, the best one at that, was a feeling like no other. "I love you." You whispered to him, feeling his hand rub up and down your arm. "I love you too." He placed a kiss on your head. It was a very Merry Christmas.

a/n: short little Christmas moment for dad Rafe! Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of you! I know holidays can be hard for some people so I hope you're doing alright and just know things will be better soon.❤️❤️