why'd you only call me when you're high? (rc)

warnings: substance use, talk of addiction, swearing

now it's three in the mornin' and I'm tryin' change your mind

"Rafe for gods sake just leave the girl alone." Topper complained before bending over the glass table, doing another line of that damned white powder.

You and Rafe had recently broken up, you tried so hard to get him help with his addiction but no matter what you'd try, he wouldn't budge.

You finally gave him an ultimatum, and when he hesitated you left and never looked back. It hurt like hell but you knew it was what you had to do.

"I dunno man I just-" Rafe dropped his phone on the couch, running his hands through his hair. He knew how bad he hurt you and it killed him.

He only had courage to reach out when he had drugs in his system, it made him care less about the known consequences.

The first time you responded, but you've done everything in your power to not let that happen again.

"I really fucked it up." Rafe said to no one but himself, bloodshot eyes glazed over. He acted like he didn't care at first, it hit him pretty fast how badly he needed you.

Left you multiple missed calls and to my message, you reply

You feel your phone vibrating next to you under the covers. You huff, pressing pause on your tv show. The bright screen making you squint your eyes for a moment.

Already five calls from Rafe. You rubbed your tired eyes with your fists, while trying to keep your mind from reeling.

5 missed calls and 4 messages
Rafe:
Hey y/n you up?
I miss you
I'm sorry
I'm such an idiot

You bit the inside of your cheek hard trying to hold the tears back. You wanted to run to him and tell him everything is okay, but you can't.

y/n:
Why'd you only call me when you're high?

Your shaking hand hit send then quickly blocked his number so you wouldn't even be tempted to say anything else.

With tears in your eyes you rolled over in your bed, thinking of the better times with Rafe. Just wanting to only hold onto those memories.

"Fuck.... FUCK" Rafe yelled as soon as he saw your message, he swore he heard his heart crack into pieces.

"What dude?" Topper nearly jumped at his outburst. The group being high out of their minds was not helping the situation.

"She- shit, she blocked me." Rafe figured it would happen sooner or later but it didn't change how horrible it felt seeing his text not go through.

"I'd block you too..." Kelce spoke before bursting into a fit of laughter, Topper following. Rafe tried to control his anger, squeezing his hands on his head.

In a fit of rage he connected his fist to the wall behind him, feeling his knuckles split. He walked out without a word.

~~~

A week had passed since you sent the message that sent Rafe spiraling. He didn't sleep that night, no matter how hard he tried. He barely had an appetite either which wasn't unnoticed by his family.

Sarah and Wheezie liked you, they knew how kind you were and how much you were helping Rafe. It was hard for them to see him backtrack like this, but they knew if you left it had to be for a good reason.