lovesick (ds)

You could feel the beat of the music vibrate through your body. Your smile was stretched wide as you danced with your friends.

Feeling a pair of arms snake around your waist you spun around, happy to see your boyfriend smiling down at you.

"Hey there handsome." You yelled over the loud music. He returned your greeting with a kiss on your lips, "hi pretty girl."

You giggled against his mouth, forever feeling giddy by his presence. Just being around him made you feel intoxicated.

"Where's the guys?" You asked noticing he was by himself, "closin' out the tabs." You pouted your lip at this response.

He jokingly rolled his eyes stumbling a bit. "Yeah apparently we're 'too drunk'?" He gave you a goofy smile while air quoting his statement. He then squeezed your side making you step closer.

"Fine fine!" You laughed, pushing your chest up against his. He placed a searing kiss onto your lips before taking your hand and leading you towards the exit.

"Y/N!!" You spun around at the sound of your name being called. Causing you to lose your footing in the heels you wore.

Drew quickly grabbed your arm to steady you and you acted completed unfazed, only focused on your friend in front of you.

"MADS!" You yelled back, running towards her. You crashed into her and wrapped your arms tightly around her waist.

She laughed loudly, swaying your body side to side. "Chase is gonna drive us home." She told you while grabbing your hand.

Drew laughed as the two of you skipped towards the parking lot, intertwined hands swinging dramatically.

"Wait up!" Rudy yelled from behind. He jogged to catch up with the group, running a hand through his hair.

Maddie got into the passenger seat while you sat in the middle between Drew and Rudy. Once buckled in you swung your legs over Drew's lap and nestled in close to his side.

He laughed and pulled you in closer, placing a kiss on top of your head. "You look s'pretty tonight." Drew told you, running his hand up and down your arm.

You smiled into his chest and pulled him in closer, if that was possible. "You're painfully handsome." You raised your head to look at him.

His eyes sparkled when you drove under the street lamps, the shadows defining his features even more.

"Are y'all hearing this shit?" Rudy yelled over the music, pointing his thumb in your direction.

You laughed but could feel a light shade of embarrassment cover your cheeks. Or it was just the flush from the alcohol.

"Wanna know somethin?" Drew spoke to you, ignoring Rudy entirely. You nodded your head a little and watched as his smile grew.

"M'gonna marry you one day." You felt your heart fall into your stomach. The two of you had talked about it very lightly, but in passing conversations.

You furrowed your eyebrows at him, as if you were waiting for him to take it back. "Huh?" Was the only word you managed to get out.

He chuckled at this as his head fell onto headrest with a small thump. "You heard me. Gonna marry you y/n/n, been looking at rings and everything."

If your heart could somehow beat faster than it already was, it would jump out of your chest. "Really? Like really really?"

"Yes!" He smiled widely, his cheeks turning pink. "I love you." Drew said as he grabbed your hand and interlaced your fingers.

"I love you more." You whispered before smashing your lips onto his. You held his face in your hands while his moved to your hips.

The fact that you were in the car with three of your friends was so far from your mind. It was just the two of you in this moment.

Until Rudy interrupted, a loud fake gagging sound filled your ears. You couldn't help but laugh once you finally broke apart.

"Rudy shut up!" Madelyn turned around to yell but was laughing just as much.

"Okay gang we're home." Chase announced as unbuckled his seatbelt. "Oh thank god!" Rudy yelled dramatically while stumbling out of the car.

The exhaustion was clearly hitting everyone while walking through the front door. You said goodnight to your friends and went to you and Drew's room.

It was slow and full of giggles but you both got ready for bed. You slipped under the covers and instantly wrapped your body around his.

"I mean it you know." Drew said looking down at you. "I know." You responded, keeping your head on his chest.

You said your drunk and mushy 'I love you's before falling fast asleep. Drew smiled as he drifted, thinking about the ring hidden in one of his drawers.

a/n: hey... hi... how y'all doin? I know I'm the queen of disappearing and it'll stay that way but I had this in my mind so wanted to get it out!
I hope to still update things here and there but it'll be pretty random for a while probably, I'm going through some trainings and getting a job so that's been on my mind most.
I love you all very very much and I hope you're doing well!!! Be kind to yourselves and others 🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼