kissing in the rain (rc)

Requested!!! tbh this is one of my faaaavorites I've done in a while, I really hope y'all like it too♥️

Also very much giving The Way I Loved You by Taylor Swift solely because of the title lmao

"Hi Rafe! Bye Rafe!" You yelled as you jogged down the stairs and out of the house. Rafe stood in the doorway confused, a small smile on his face as he watched you nearly trip over your own feet.

"Where's your sister going?" He asked as he greeted Topper. "Hell if I know." Your brother responded with a roll of his eyes. Rafe shook his head bemused, following his friend upstairs.

You and Rafe had a complicated relationship, at least that's what everyone else said. You and Rafe would immediately deny and say you were just friends.

"He's my brothers best friend!" vs "she's my best friends little sister!" The conversations always ended that way.

But he would go to the ends of the earth if it meant you'd be happy. Even if he just had to be the best friend forever, he'd rather have you that way than not at all.

At every party, his eyes were on you, making sure you were okay. He could be high out of his mind and he would still know that he had to check on you. It drove Topper insane sometimes, but you were his little sister after all so the extra looking out was good.

"I haven't seen y/n/n much this summer, how is she?" Rafe stated as the next round of their video game was loading. Topper gave him a weary side eye, "ask her yourself..."

Topper might've not been the smartest, but he wasn't an idiot. He could tell Rafe liked you, he'd been gathering hints for months now.

It really solidified around two months ago, when Rafe decided stop getting high. All because of you.

Rafe was drunk and high, walking around the party like the kook king he is. He kept feeling like something was missing, and he realized it was you. This made him both happy and terrified.

Before he knew it, his phone was against his ear and he was listening to it ring. "Rafe?" You asked groggily, clearing having been asleep. "Hey y/n/n!" He replied, as if calling you in the early hours of the morning was a common occurrence.

"You okay?" You asked, sitting up and turning on your bedside lamp. "Oh yeah! I just uh- m'drunk and maybe high... no most definitely high." He giggled slightly into the phone.

You took a deep breath in, "How bout I come pick you up?" You were already stepping into some sandals and grabbing your keys. "Yeah come join us!" He yelled back. "No Rafe I-"

"See ya soon!" He cut off your words before hanging up. You shivered as you walked into the chill night air, yawning as you pulled the car out of the driveway.

At first Rafe was just drinking, as were you and all the kook kids, it wasn't something concerning. It became concerning when he starting smoking weed and snorting coke, and then did both multiple nights a week.

He was probably high more often than he was sober. You had bitten your tongue for a long time but you didn't know how much longer you could hold it in. You shoved your way through the mass of party goers, eyes set out for one person.

"Y/n?" Your brothers voice came from behind you. You turned around to see him with a solo cup in hand and a confused look on his face. "What are you doing here?" He brought the cup to his lips and took a sip.

"Rafe called me." You answered simply, still scanning the room. Your brother scoffed, "course he did." You put your hands on your hips and glared at him, "look I'm just gonna take him home okay? Want me to take you?"