maid of honor (ds)

You swipe on one more coat of lipstick making sure it was perfectly even. You look over your hair and makeup once more before you heard the door opening.

"How do I look?" Your older sister asks walking in like a princess. "Oh my god. You look beautiful." You felt tears coming to your eyes. Today she was marrying the man of her dreams and you got to stand right beside her.

"Thank you so much for everything you've done." You sister walks towards you before engulfing you in a hug. "As your sister and maid of honor, it's my duty." You both laughed while trying to keep your tears in.

"Okay photographer wants to take some shots outside." You nodded your sister to go off. You had left your boyfriend Drew alone while you finished getting ready. The venue was indoor while the ceremony was going to be held outside.

You left the room where the girls had gotten ready to look for him. You didn't see him anywhere inside so you walked toward the doors. Through the window you could see Drew chatting with your about to be brother in law.

You couldn't stop the smile that came to your face. You opened the doors and lifted your dress off the ground slightly as you walked over the the grass. "You look beautiful y/n." The groom complimented pulling you in for a hug.

"Thank you, are you nervous?" You asked, he shrugged "I think I'll be nervous once I actually see her." At that moment the photographer came around the corner telling him it was time for the first look pictures.

"Well there ya go." Drew joked pulling you close to his side. "Yep, see y'all out there!" He smiled before heading off to see your sister. "How you feeling?" Drew asked handing you a drink he had gotten for you.

You smiled up at him, "Well no tears yet but I expect them to come soon. I'm really glad you could be here." You raised your hand up to wrap around his neck, playing with the ends of his hair.

"I wouldn't miss it. You're my family now too y/n/n." He pulled you in closer so he could press a delicate kiss to your lips, knowing he can't mess up your makeup. "Well you'll get to sit next to my mom who I'm sure is already off crying somewhere."

You joked looking around for any sight of her or your dad. "I'll be looking at my beautiful girl the whole time." A blush rose to your cheeks, Drew always knew how to make you feel like the prettiest girl in the world.

You finished off your drink with him before heading over to take more photos, some with bridesmaids and groomsmen, some with his family, some with your family, and Drew even joined in a few too.

Everyone eventually took their seats as you all lined up prepared to walk down the aisle. You were paired with the grooms older brother to walk since he was the best man. You were able to easily bond over having to 'hand' your sibling off.

The light music started as you all walked out. Drew couldn't take his eyes off of you the entire time you walked down. It made you giddy and embarrassed at the same time. He gave you a wink as you took your spot in front.

Everyone stood as your sister came walking down and that's when you felt the tears welling up. Seeing her walk down with your dad was a beautiful sight. You were able to keep your cool through the ceremony and the vows.

They were announced husband and wife and everyone started hollering and clapping. The music came on again and everyone exited. You quickly found Drew after and he pulled you into a hug.

"You looked so good up there baby." You rolled your eyes at his never ending compliments. "You look handsome in this suit." You dusted off his shoulders as he dropped his head laughing.

Everyone headed over to their tables and Drew got to sit next to you at the family table. He had his hand on your thigh practically the entire time, gently rubbing or drawing small circles with his finger.

You finally cried during your maid of honor speech but Drew was right there to wipe the tears away. The rest of the night was spent with drinks and dancing. You and Drew had thrown back a good amount of champagne at this point and were both feeling it.

There was a slow song on and he pulled you in close swaying to the beat. The alcohol making you extra giggly. He grabbed the hand his was holding and started playing with your ring finger.

"Okay what is up with you?" You asked with a huge smile. "What do you mean?" He laughed. "I mean you're always the best boyfriend ever but this whole night you've been extra sweet and I dunno."

You slowly cut yourself off not wanting him to think he did anything wrong. He smiled down at you before walking you off the dance floor. "Come on." You both walked outside taking in the fresh air and quiet sounds.

You walked over to an adorable white swinging porch bench on the side of the building. You both fell back immediately rocking back and forth. You swung your legs over onto his lap, your feet killing you from the heels.

He undid the clasp and placed your shoes on the ground, rubbing your feet to ease the pain. You had rested your head onto his shoulder, you arm over him playing with his hair.

"You know I love you y/n." Drew spoke causing you to raise your head. "Of course I do. And you know I love you so much right?" He smiled and nodded in response. "I've just been thinking all day."

You furrowed your eyebrows waiting for him to continue. "I can't imagine anyone else in my life. I don't want to imagine anyone else." You felt butterflies in your stomach at his sweet words.

"I guess I'm saying that one day, I would love to make a promise to forever with you." You felt your cheeks heating up. You grabbed his face pulling him down for a rushed kiss.

"Sooo you want me to be Mrs. Starkey?" You teased him but of course you wanted nothing more. "Oh yeah, you'll make the sexiest bride." You both laughed as he placed kisses all over your face.

"Well after seeing you in this suit whew, I'm ready for the ring." You raised your hand wiggling your fingers back and forth. You continued to kiss trying to pull him closer in anyway that you can.

"To be serious for a moment, nothing would make me happier then being yours forever Drew Starkey." He stared at you in adoration as he moved a stray piece of hair away from your face. "Well then you better get ready to be y/n Starkey."

The two of you sat on the porch swing for another hour, listening to the drowned out sound of the music inside. You talked about your wishes for a wedding and more importantly your wishes for your future, together.