betty (rc)

Y/n y/l/n and Rafe Cameron, high school sweethearts. He had a reputation while you were the golden child.

There was just something about Rafe that pulled you in. His undeniable charm, that stupid smile, and his big blue eyes had every girl swooning.

You swore you'd never be one of those girls that fell at his feet but here you were. After multiple shot down attempts, you finally gave in.

Everyone was shocked to see you and Rafe get together. Additionally, everyone was worried he would hurt you. Unfortunately they were right.

You started dating your sophomore year, you were just sixteen. You stayed together the whole school year and fell madly in love. He made you feel things you only dreamed of. The kind of love you saw in the movies.

You had to spend the following summer with your grandparents. Being away from your boyfriend for three months felt like torture.

You texted every single day though, and when you finally reunited it felt like nothing changed. He showed up at your house with flowers and a toothy grin. He helped you plan your back to school party with your friends.

Then junior year officially started. When Inez ran up to you in the hallway just one week into school, you hadn't thought anything from it. She was a huge gossip, you couldn't trust anything she said.

Unfortunately, this time it was true. You were grabbing your math binder from your locker when she came running up to you.

"Y/n... I need to tell you something." She said with sorrow in her voice. You furrowed your eyebrows, feeling unsure of what she may say. Usually she lived for the drama but this time she looked like she felt... bad?

"Rafe... he uh- he's been with Augustine." Your heart dropped at the words. There was no way... no way that your Rafe would do that. "What are you talking about?"

Besides, Inez was known for over exaggerating. You thought it was simply another rumor. But when three other people confirmed it, you immediately switched your home room.

You couldn't be in the same room as him. He quickly noticed your change and knew he messed up. You must've know what he did.

He finally managed to corner you at the end of the day. "Y/n please just listen to me." He pleaded while following behind you. You rolled your eyes and kept walking. "The last thing I want to do is talk to you Rafe."

"I know you heard the rumors from Inez." He continued, following behind you like a lost puppy. "You can't believe a word she says most times!"

You weaved through the hallways quickly. "But this time it was true." You stopped to look into his eyes. Praying to pull an explanation from his brain.

"What if I just show up at your party? We can talk then okay? I'll explain everything." He managed to place a quick kiss to your cheek before running off.

You let out a deep sigh as you started your walk home. How were you supposed to have this party now? Kiara came over to help set up and she immediately managed to make you feel better.

"Screw him y/n. This is your party that you've worked so hard on!" You knew she was right so you sucked it up and put on a brave face.

Rafes mind was racing the entire way to your house. Would you have him, would you want him? Or would you tell him to go fuck himself?

He wandered into the garden with sweaty palms. While looking around the sea of people his eyes finally caught your figure.

You were smiling, bigger than he'd seen in a long time. It made his chest ache watching you from afar.

He took a few steps forward and as if you could sense him, you turned your head to face him. Your smile and stomach dropped simultaneously.

You swallowed harshly, "excuse me." You said to your friends and exited the conversation. He smiled nervously as you came closer.

"I don't think you should be here...." You nearly whisper as you cross your arms over your chest.

"I just need to explain... I fucked up. I know that. It was just a summer thing." You scoff at his words, how could he possibly be making an excuse.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" He stutters in response. "No! n-no I just- I just mean." He stopped talking once realizing he wasn't helping himself.

"I'm only seventeen, I don't know anything but I know I miss you. I know I love you y/n." You bit your lip in thought.

"How did it happen?" You asked. You felt nauseous, did you really want the details? You knew you wouldn't be able to really let it go if you didn't.

"You had been gone for so long. I was walking home just thinking of you when she pulled up." You looked down at your feet, not sure if you could look him in the eyes in that moment.

"She asked if I wanted to go for a drive. The days turned into nights and... I slept next to her but I dreamt of you all summer long."

You felt a single tear roll down your cheek. The thought of them together made you want to scream. "I hate myself for what I did."

"I need time." You rushed the words out and started to walk away. He gently grabbed your wrist pulling you back to him.

He pulled you into a kiss, holding onto you like you would slip away in a moment. He pulled away and studied your face.

"Right now is the last time I can dream about what happens when you see my face again." You furrow your eyebrows in sadness.

"You know I miss you. I'll be here when you're ready." With that Rafe Cameron left you standing alone in the garden.

You're only seventeen, you don't know everything, but you know you miss him.