𝟢𝟤𝟨,𝖫𝖠𝖶 𝖮𝖥 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖩𝖴𝖭𝖦𝖫𝖤

GLITCH.
026 | law of the jungle

" WHAT DO YOU EXACTLY MEAN WHEN YOU SAY THE GOLD ISN'T THERE?"

━━Renee was beyond confused as her eyes sat staring blankly at the screen that was still showing the wreckage of the merchant yet not a single sign of a trace of gold was there as she was told by both Pope and John B.

" the gold could be buried, we don't know!" Kiara stated, looking between a confused Renee and JohnB who looked on the verge for distraught as he paced the floor of the boat clutching his hair in his hands — his head shaking.

" If it was there it would have been caught on the metal detector!" John B snapped back at Kiara to which Renee furrowed her eyebrows, not liking the way he spoke to her.

" calm down John B, why don't we just do what Pope said," she spoke softly although his attitude was beginning to annoy her "charge the drone up and come back out."

Her suggestion was swiftly being cut down by John B who had seemed to loose the last tether of his patience, " what are you missing Ren!" Kiara and Pope looked wide eyed from where they stood at his sudden outburst of rage.

" someone has already beaten us to it!" Renee rolled her eyes at his current attitude — although she couldn't help but be a little hurt. she was only trying to help, she found it difficult to believe this theory about the gold but was still willing to waste her summer looking for it.

" you don't have to be such a asshole John B, I'm only trying to help!" Renee grumbled back, turning her back to him and walking into the control room.

" that's all we've done since this royal merchant shit came up, so you know what? would a thanks for entertaining my wild theories about finding a ship wreck from like hundreds of years ago fucking kill you?" She snapped, John B staring at her — the two continued to bicker between themselves, truly to any outsiders it would look nothing less than two siblings arguing over anything they could disagree on.

It ended with a 'oh fuck you John B' from Renee who soon left the situation— well as much as she could being on the same boat. Leaving John B, Kiara and Pope on the main floor whilst she stood in the drivers room with JJ.

JJ's eyes lingered on her as she leant against the wall away from him. Her arms crossed and body language overly closed off, it was clear she in some sort of mixture of annoyance but still she was hurt.

" you can come to mine when we get back if you want?" JJ kept his eyes on the water as he began to drive away, " my dads probably high and lying in a ditch somewhere."

Renee shook her head, "me and Kie were going to hang out, they're having this picture show at the park later." she told him quietly her eyes wandering to one of the woven bracelets that sat on her arm where her fingers played with with the small charms.

" am I not invited?" he asked cockily, to which Renee chuckled and shook her head.

" it's not really a couples thing JJ." her short words made his lips curve into a smile — finally clocking his head to look at Renee, still be known to the meaning of her words.

" so we're a couple now ay?" he asked in a sense of curiosity — neither of them putting a label on anything since whatever it was had started.

Renee looked out the small window to see Kiara and Pope talk whilst John B continued to stay silent and stare out to the ocean.

" well, I mean." she spoke in the midst of a breath, "we did make out in John B's bathroom yesterday." a shyness took over Renee whilst a cocky laugh left JJ's lips.