PROLOGUE

GLITCH.
| Renee's intro (prologue) |

( delivered by 
John.B Routledge)

" OH AND YOU SEE THE GIRL WHO'S CURRENLY GIVING ME THE MIDDLE FINGER?—"

━━ That, ladies and gentlemen is Miss Renee Lowe.

In all technicalities surrounding the social status of Kildare county, she's a kook. I mean- she lives on figure eight in a house that resembles more of a gated palace, she also attends the kook academy, drives an expensive car and she subconsciously wears designer brands like their from the clearance section of the local target.

She is in all other aspects excluding financial ( which she argues was not her choosing ), she is a pogue through and through. And I would have to agree with her.

Her dad, Vincent Lowe came an old money french family, his ancestors made their fortune through centuries of taxing the working class far too much and what more specifically they couldn't afford, her mom Caroline Lowe, an American lawyer that mainly works on the Carolina mainland. to say she's insanely rich would be the understatement of the century.

In the pecking order of the rich families that live on figure eight, the Lowe's would most likely be at the top. Renee used it to be at the top of the hierarchy of rich teenagers on figure eight, 'princess kook' me and my friends once nicknamed her. She was best friends with Sarah Cameron as well being every white rich woman's idea of a dream daughter, every boy wanted to date her and every girl would do anything just to be noticed by her.

Her mom hates us and her brother Lennon is another pogue-hating kook who will do anything to make our lives a misery — hence why Renee spends the majority of the time crashing at the chateau, either sleeping in my bed while I take my dads old room or falls asleep on the couch with JJ or whoever else passes out on the pullout.

What most people would view as her downfall is how I knew and befriend her. The sudden and shocking passing of her dad sent her into a spiral of chaos — our fathers worked together for his last year or so, we had spoken to one another a hand full of times whilst they were working together and she was friends with Kiara already. She spent a week on the couch of my patio in practically silence when her dad died, that's kind of when our friendship really started.

Renee distanced herself from the kook lifestyle and the kooks who where using her vulnerability to achieve their social climbing goals.  Alongside the vicious breakup with her childhood best friend Sarah Cameron which Renee is still very, very bitter about. We don't know what happened, with the exception of Kiara who won't tell us.

And, when their trio fizzled out, she began hanging out more with Kiara who she already knew from the kook academy and Kiara's kook year which eventually led to us.

Letting her become a pogue was the best decision I think any of the five of us have ever made,

And when she's not surfing with me, volunteering or getting stick and poke tattoos with Kiara, forcing Pope to watch romantic comedies with her — which she has told me he secretly loves with the exception of when of us other pogues enter the room. Ren told me, 'maid of honour' and 'dirty dancing' are his top two.

Or getting high and goofing around with JJ in the hammock — who side note...

May or may not be totally head over heels in love with her, and always has been before she was our friend but won't admit to it due to her kook past but is still a totally idiot and won't make a move or tell her, despite after each party Renee talks to a guy that isn't myself , him or Pope he rants for the next three days about how 'he should her boyfriend' and all that shit that honestly.. we're getting tired of.

She is the my right-hand women, Kiara's self proclaimed ride or die — and the only one of us that Pope says has enough common sense not to get herself killed.....which is true but ouch.

And I am so glad she is one of us.