𝟢𝟥𝟤, TERRIBLE BRITISH ACCENTS

GLITCH.
032 | terrible British accents

MIDSUMMERS, EASILY THE MOST INSUFFERABLE DAY

 ̄ ̄ for both Kiara and Renee especially as ex-kooks. Athough being purely pogue at heart, that isn't what it explicitly said on paper, I mean.. The Lowe's were practically royalty of Kildare island, arguably more cherished than the Cameron's.

Although, not really Renee who no longer was mesmerised at the idea of people kissing the ground she walked on, it was now just freaky. 

Despite it all, she was still forced to attend — even a kook princess who threw away her title for a common 'pogue life' was still mandatory to attend. Fake smile and pretend for a single night that she enjoyed her family's cherished status.

Having spent the entirety of the day at Kiara's house as the tense atmosphere between Renee and Lennon (who still was accusing her of being a liar), was purely suffocating. Renee had slipped out with her outfit and bag of various makeup before her mom had even woken up and could argue with her about it — god knows that she wasn't going to storm over to the Carrera house and force her daughter back home.

The only positive of this entire midsummers situation was that she had finally managed to convince her mom into letting her choose her own dress — she was constantly running her hands down the soft silk material of the midnight blue colour dress that pooled around her feet. and gently running her freshly manicured nails through the waved curls that bounced just below her shoulders that Mrs Carrera had done for her earlier that day.

Renee and Kiara had seemed to make a tradition of getting ready for midsummers together: usually with the boys texting them with excitement they had for sneaking in with them and ruining the experience for all the uptight kook families. Yet it was already clear this midsummers wasn't going to be nearly as enjoyable.

" this is disgusting." Kiara claimed, turning around from the mirror she had been criticising herself in  for the past three minutes.

Renee looked at her best friend in amusement, her head tilting as a mischievous grin sat beautifully on her lips.

" I know it's just horrible." Kiara's mom spoke, entering the bedroom struggling to clip in her earring " I'm asking you to relax and go to fun party." Her sarcasm evident at the lack of emotion in her voice as she stood in front of the smaller mirror.

" I look like bourgeois pig." Kiara groaned, looking at herself in the mirror. Earning laughter from Renee who looked up from her seat on the edge of Kiara's parents bed — partially from her comment but also a hint of weed that was still in her system from hot boxing Kiara's bedroom earlier in the day.

" I think you'd be the miss piggy of bourgeois pigs." Renee smirked, and began to blow kisses at Kiara when she sent her insinuated death glares, although it didn't last long as a smile broke out on both of their faces.

"Will you please not worry about socioeconomic injustice for one night?" her mom asked in a silent plead.

Kiara approached the behind of her mom who continued to get ready in the vanity on the opposite side of the room.

" mom, people not three miles from here have no power, no running water." Kiara urged " and we're going to midsummers, that is so tone deaf." A genuine expression of sadness and disappointment painted itself on Kiara's face.

" I have to agree with her Mrs C, it is a bit inconsiderate." Renee spoke, earning the familiar glare from Kiara's mom before she turned back to her daughter.