𝟢𝟤𝟢,BAIT

GLITCH
020 | bait

THE PLAN WAS SET.

━━And as much as Renee didn't like the plan when considering her and Kiara were practically acting as  bait. The three boys still assured her that this was the only way it could be done and it wasn't a lot to ask for potential eighty million they would get each.

It was still risky, very risky. Especially knowing Renee's track record of being clumsy and not a very good or even convincing liar or as she liked to put it 'exaggerator of truth'

It was obvious how nervous she was when the plan was set up on the way as well as picking at the loose material of her dress as she sighed.

" here we are ladies!" John B called out, turning his head to see Ren who gave him a soft smile and nod of the head. Not wanting to show how scared she actually was.

Although JJ hadn't seemed to see through her act. Taking her wrist ahold as she crouched past him to leave the van.

Her head turned to him abruptly, as their eyes caught onto each other once again " good luck, not like you need it." his mischievous wink managed to distill some confidence in her as she nodded and grinned at him,

Hopping out of the van as she did so, her backpack still secured on her shoulder and her converse covered feet jogging over towards Kie and her jeep which had the boat attached to on the back.

" why do you look so freaked out?" Kiara nudged her friends arm as they both strolled towards the vehicle.

" I don't know...just never done anything like this before?" Renee's breath were slightly shaky but reminded herself that she always had the option to pull out anytime.

" illegal?" Kiara chuckled, leaving Renee to walk to around the passenger side of the car, she nodded before getting inside.

" I guess you could say that, it is a step up from underage drinking and smoking weed."Her mumbles were almost inaudible if Kiara hadn't had known her for so long.

As Kiara started the engine, she turned and looked at Renee. Their gazes meeting intentionally, Kiara's lips curving into a soft and reassuring smile.

" you've got nothing to worry about, I'm with you." Renee swallowed and nodded. Looking out the window and taking one look back at the van.

John B gave her a thumbs up, either asking her if she was okay or if she was ready. She don't know which one she was being asked, so she just nodded and fake a tight lipped smile.

As the car approached the salvage yard, a nauseating feeling was seeming to drown her. Unsure if she was actually just going to be sick or not she kept it to herself.

" come on Ren, we got this." Kiara told her reaching for the key and turning it to stop the engine from running. The blonde hummed and grabbed the small pin from Kiara's hair,

As the two left the car, Renee snuck behind one of the wheels and stabbed the tip of the pin into the rubber of the tire. An instant small gust of wind hit her in the face, at least she could sabotage properly if nothing else .

The blonde put the pin messily in her hair before standing back up and joining Kiara who was currently trying to catch the attention of the man on duty.

" hey!" they both called out, swinging their arms back and forth to try and make him see the two of them.

"excuse me, we were just on our way home and we got a flat." Renee's fingers played with the beads on her bracelet as she bare faced lied to the man.