𝟢𝟢𝟥, DUMB AND DUMBER

GLITCH.
003 | dumb and dumber

"HEY, WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT?"

━━ Kiara looked to Renee as she spoke, both sat on the edge of Kiara's dock on the figure of eight — legs dangling over the edge as they waited for the boat with the boys on it for a what was being called a 'mandatory meeting' after storm Agatha. although Renee had been to enough of these to know it was an excuse to drink and smoke weed in the marsh without the police being there to catch them.

Her eye's diverted from the water, just like the brunette who was sat next to her. Both of their arms resting against the cooler Kie always brought on the day trips to the marsh.

" I stayed at John B's, by the time I was threatened with exile by mom it was too dangerous to leave" Kie nodded, although the girl practically lived there at this point.Kiara still presumed Renee would with her own family during such a time, the storm being an example.

Renee was always reminded by the shittiness of the reality of her own family whenever she'd see the Carrera's and how close they were.

Renee's family used to be the only think she really cared about, yeah her friends were okay and she liked hanging around with them. But now they were all like strangers, they never mended after her dads death — and it didn't look like it was going to happen anytime soon either.

But getting home to all her family lounged around used to be the most refreshing — sit in her dads office and rant to him about whatever had happened or what was on her mind was now whoever was willing to listen and her dads office had been replaced by the hammock out the back of the chateau.

" but lucky for me, I found company in jj and a six pack of beer." She grumbled, attempting a small laugh to turn the sour mood of the conversation lighter.

" six pack of beer meaning a rom-com?" Kiara spoke, chuckling softly,

"We got to the third Bridget Jones movie and the power went."

Kiara furrowed her eyebrows, " anything else happen, you being quite distant." she spoke in honesty, Renee turned her heard.

' me and JJ kissed and I want to do it again.' Was something she could not tell Kiara, she couldn't keep a secret to save her own life and considering they would be spending the rest of the day in the middle of a large body of water — it just was a generally terrible idea.

Kie reached her hand for her friend, silently comforting her but also not wanting to make it obvious since the figure eight always had prying eyes.

" yeah I'm ok, seriously you guys are the only family I want now." Kiara smiled at Renee's words which she shrugged off as if it were nothing.

Both of them looked away from eachother as the roars of the HMS POGUE  engine snuck into their sound waves, meaning the boys would be here soon.

Kiara stood up and put her hand out for Renee to take, which she did, thanking her as she did so.

She bent down to pick up her infamous khaki tote bag, tucking her phone into the pocket of her fresh white shorts — paired with the stolen formal white button up which sat open as a jacket or sorts, her green bikini top covering her top.