𝟢𝟣𝟫, THE BABY SITTER.

GLITCH.
019 | the babysitter

THE LAST TIME RENEE HAD VISITED THE ISLAND CLUB WAS PRECISELY ALMOST A YEAR AGO.

━━ And that's how she always hoped it would stay. The one day a year where she would attempt to tolerate all the insufferable kook families and her snobby peers she somehow used to like for the one night at midsummers.

Although her and Kiara had always managed to find a way to sneak the boys in and it would always end up the five of them drinking fancy and overpriced champagne whilst they all squished together in the janitors closet.

Her and Kiara looked at each other, both simultaneously letting out a sign knowing in a few days they'd be dressed up like the money they had for show at the next midsummers.

" all right, keep on look out." JJ informed the group, reaching into the opened glove compartment.

" we're behind enemy lines." Renee rolled her eyes at the dramatising of the whole operation.

Both Renee and Kiara knew that every kook that could potentially hurt them was volunteering at a beach clean the other side of town currently.

" Yo, come on man, just put it back...JJ" John B warned, Renee turned her head and watched in disbelief as JJ held the gun so casually in his hand as if some part of the mafia.

" what- you can never be too careful." he told them as if anything was going to go down in the nicest hotel in the obx.

Renee followed behind Pope out of the van, her backpack hung on her shoulders and hands holding down the material of her blue summer dress so that did didn't blow up in the wind.

" Hey, I predict that bringing a weapon to a four-star hotel, will likely cause more problems than they solve." He told him truthfully, leaning into the rolled down window.

" thank you Pope." John B seemed glad someone else was also fed up with JJ's attachment to the gun. Like himself.

" I swear to God, I'm gonna throw that thing into the ocean JJ, put it back!" Kiara threatened , following the rest of them and getting out of the van.

JJ huffed in defeat, like a small child who had lost to his parents . Passing the gun delicately to John B who threw it back into the glove compartment where it belonged.

" you can't grab a gun like that." JJs words seemed to flow into JohnB's ear only to immediately be taken out by the other one.

Pope opened the door of the van, grabbing JJ's arm. Not wanting to be longer than they need to considering this wasn't their territory.

" can't forget my badge, professional bus boy." he gloated , dangling his hotel ID card from the tips of his fingers in front of Renee who played it off  to be jealous, joining in on his antics as always.

The two blondes walked together, seemingly leading everyone. One because JJ had told Renee all about his plan and two because the two of them knew the floor plan of the hotel like the backs of their hands.

Renee from the amount of time she had spent here growing up and JJ from the amount of shifts he had done here.

" so where are we going now?" Pope asked the two of them who continued to stroll towards the back entrance of the building where all the staff entered every morning and left every night.

" we're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now." JJ informed them, it was the truth. The cut hadn't had electricity in days and yet the whole of figure eight were acting as if Aggie had never even happened.