𝟢𝟣𝟣,M'LADY

GLITCH.
011 | m'lady

" IM ONLY BAILING POPE OUT BY THE WAY."

━━ The blonde reiterated, her voice becoming squeakier like it did whenever she became anxious.

" oh you've got to be kidding me." Pope groaned, Renee had had many a run in with the police before; if it wasn't in her kook years of them shutting down the parties she attended or in her new pogue era shooing them from any of the multitude of illegal things that they did weekly— somehow this was even more nerve wrecking.

" yep, that's the police." Renee felt her eyes widen in disbelief at the calmness of JJ's voice as he slid around her.

Of course she knew JJ maybank was no saint by any means. But she thought he'd at least be a tiny fraction of as panicked as she was.

" just act freakin normal." Kiara eyed up the jittering blonde, pulling her down to sit where she was. Renee let out a deep breathe, composing herself.

" remember, deny deny deny." JJ told Renee, in an attempt to keep her calm. She tried to swallow the nauseous feeling dryly as she nodded her head.

The bleeping of the sirens got closer, the small boat pulling up by the teenagers. Renee faked a wide, oblivious smile, her eyes daring to look at Deputy Shoupe.

" evening officers." Pope seemed on the edge also, making Renee feel better since she wasn't the only wimp out of the four of them.

Renee pondered her eyes as officer Plumb  stood snugly by shoupe eyed up the two girls. She felt her blood run cold; sensing the woman's judgement through the black lenses of her shades.

" evening." shoupe responded, unable to resist eyeing up each of the teenagers. Naturally looking for the nervous body language which was practically dripping off of Renee as her fingers toyed with the frayed ends of her bracelets

Plumb stepped around, silently passing Pope the rope to tie off so that the boat wouldn't drift off away from the teenagers

" JJ, tie this off!" Pope instructed, feeding the worn rope to JJ who nodded, complying to his given instructions.

He shuffled past the two girls, slyly pressing his hand onto Renee's shoulder. Playing off that he needed to get around her to tie off the boat.

She took her opportunity to move her hand to hover on top of his, not wanting to look suspicious if they were to intertwine fingers.

" you okay JJ?" Renee asked, turning her head as he tied the rope, surprisingly with only one hand.

He nodded his head, running the tip of his tongue over his bottom lip to wet it before stepping away and back to his original position.

She peeled her hand away from his as he shuffled back to leaning his crossed arms against the metal bar.

" how you kids doing...you know the marsh is closed." shoupe eyes them up, whilst the four of them fake shocked expressions.

Kie and Renee met gazes, Renee pushing her hand gently against her friends bare shoulder.

" no wonder it's so quiet, I told you something was off Kie." Renee told her friend, lying through her gritted teeth as Kiara played along and acted dumbfounded as she sighed.